Sunday, October 15, 2006

Ridey ride............

Here's news flash-I'm actually going to ride a bike this afternoon. We do a loosely organized ride at our local rail trail about once a month, I'm looking forward to it and maybe getting some good pics of the leaves turning colors.

Maybe I could start up another side business making wedding dresses out of donuts........on second thought-maybe not. Here in York County, folks love their donuts-the bride would be naked before she got to the altar.

We did get our business cards in the mail yesterday-they turned out very nice. I also got 50 refrigerator magnets, so if you see me and you want one....lemme know. I started handing my cards out to a few friends at work, we got 500 of them so I won't run out anytime soon.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
More here.

I like this short film.

Multiple congressional investigations and gridlock is the best result we can hope for in the upcoming election. Sad, isn't it? What's really sad is that in all honesty....the Democrats probably aren't that much better then the Republicans.

Two of my favorite television interviewers.

That's one bad toupee.

"Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time".......if you don't know who Steven Wright is, you probably won't enjoy the rest of these quotes.

Somebody help me out here......what the hell does internet gambling have to do with "the War on Terror"? I guess it will deny terrorists the chance to play Texas Holdem online.

I'm probably a weirdo for saying this-but I like watching woman's golf on TV once and awhile. Men's golf is all about Tiger most of the time and it bores the hell out of me. Yeah, I know most folks think watching golf on TV is more boring then watching paint dry but I like it.

My wife gave me a flyer for a new gym near where we live. 10 bucks a month, no contract and no price increase for 3 years. I am going to check it out Monday morning and if they have spinner bikes............I'm joining. I'm not really interested in treadmills (bad knees) or a whole lot of weight equipment.....I don't have much spare time and I like to ride bikes, so that's what I want to do when I go to the gym when it's to cold to ride outside.

We have another gym near where we live, they have spinner bikes but their membership cost more then 10 bucks a month. My friend Hank does spinning classes there and he kicks my ass all over the place when we do road rides. I'm not sure I'll be able to put a hurtin' on him by next spring or not, but I'd at least like to keep him in sight (or at least in the same county) when we ride.

I think I have this on my stomach. Check out the menu on the left, there are tons more commercials to check out. My favorites are all the old Ronco commercials and the Real Men of Genius.

Fork you. Today's art break.

One of my friends sent me this op-ed....it's written by Bill Maher. I'm not sure if I agree with Bill 100% on his viewpoints; but the piece does make you think. Which is why I posted it.

I need one of these. Why? I have no idea..........

I like the "bfh" comment in the comments section....What's a "bfh"? I'm not sayin' if you can't figure it out by looking at the picture.

That sure is one crappy costume. What parent would buy their child something like that?

Build a bike in 10 minutes.

If you look at my Flickr sidebar, you'll see pictures of one of my nieces. When did she grow up like that? Her sister is also sprouting up..........when I was that age, all I was interested in doing was riding my bike and making tree house forts.

Times change.

Till later.

No comments: