Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Lights out...............

For something like the forth time this year, our store and the surrounding area lost power. Every time it happens, the power company comes out and resets something and it comes back on.

For most folks, that's probably no big deal but since I don't run wood fired ovens........it kinda sucks to be me when it happens.

Ever see one of those cooking shows were the timing of everything is calculated and coregraphed to perfection? I do the same thing only on a much, much bigger scale so when the power goes off I not only lose the product I have in the oven, I also lose procuct waiting to go into the oven and product proofing up in the proof box because everthing has yeast in it.

It's kinda like an all day train wreck only in slow motion as all the breads and rolls get real puffed up and then go pffft when the yeast runs out of sugar to eat and stops producing gas.
One bright spot was I strung 3 extension cords together to an outlet powered by the emergency generator so I could fry donuts. The fryer is gas powered and only needs electricity to run the on-off relays.

Gotta have those donuts, ya know.
_________________________________________

Like anyone believes he didn't do it. I feel bad for his children.

Since I am 47, the first time I feel any chest pain........my ass is headed to the hospital. My pop had a heart attack at age 50, so it's always on the back of my mind.

We don't eat much red meat, but this study is kinda scary.

If you have Google Earth 4........this is way cool. I could play with it for hours..........special note to my mom.......yes, you have Google Earth 4; give it a shot and if you can't figure it out-give me a holler.

I work at retail grocery store, but if I worked in a department store, I would need to be medicated before I went to work on Black Friday. There ain't nothing I need or want enough to make myself go out anywhere and shop that weekend because lets face it; people can be really, really ugly when they are faced with huge crowds and faraway parking spaces. Not my cup of tea.

Groovy man. I was a kid when they first started but they are/were one of my favorite bands.

Here's something I bet you never heard of before...................Pimp Cups.

They actually sell these? I'd like to hack it and replace the voice with the voicebox from this. But that's just me.

That's one helluva deep end.

You could do this or just hit it with a BFH.....

Till later.

No comments: