Saturday, November 04, 2006

Remembering my Aunt Shirley........

Death is a fact of life...........we all die.

My mom's sister wasn't in the best of health, but it was still a surprise to hear of her passing.

She died in her sleep last Tuesday.

My mom and her moved to Lancaster back in the late 50's where they lived and where my mom met my dad and Aunt Shirley met her husband Bob. Like my mom says, they were the original Laverne and Shirley only my mom with the conservative one and Shirley was the crazy one.

When my mom was growing up with Aunt Shirley, their older sister Betty, younger sister Joyce and younger brother Junior........they didn't have the easiest childhood growing up in downtown Baltimore. In fact they were dirt poor but one thing I always remember about Aunt Shirley was her sense of humor.

She was always the first person in a room to laugh and the last one to stop. If anything, I think I have her sense of humor because I am much the same way and I'll always remember her by her laugh.

I'm sure the first thing she did when she got to heaven was to bust up St. Peter with a few good jokes....

God bless you Aunt Shirley.

No comments: