Monday, January 01, 2007

No hangover for me.........

Man, those Irish sure are drunks...........

Two men were sitting next to each other at a bar.

After a while, one guy looks at the other and says, "I can't help but think, from listening to you, that you're from Ireland."

The other guy responds proudly, "Yes, that I am!"

The first guy says, "So am I! And whereabouts from Ireland might you be?"

The other guy answers, "I'm from Dublin, I am."

The first guy responds, "Sure and begora, and so am I! And what street did you live on in Dublin?"

The other guy says, "A lovely little area it was, I lived on McCleary Street in the old central part of town."

The first guy says, "Faith, it's a small world, so did I! So did I!!

And to what school would you have been going?"

The other guy answers, "Well now, I went to St. Mary's of course."

The first guy gets really excited and says, "And so did I.

Tell me, what year did you graduate?"

The other guy answers, "Well, now, let's see, I graduated in 1964."

The first guy exclaims, "The Good Lord must be smiling down upon us! I can hardly believe our good luck at winding up in the same bar tonight.

Can you believe it - I graduated from St. Mary's in 1964 my own self."

About this time, Vicky walks into the bar, sits down, and orders a beer.

Brian, the bartender, walks over to Vicky, shaking his head & mutters,

"It's going to be a long night tonight!!!!"

Vicky asks, "Why do you say that, Brian?"

"The Kelly twins are drunk again."

Me? I didn't have a drop of alcohol-I was in bed by 9 PM.

Here's a couple pictures of my home office set up.....
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
As you can see, it is indeed on our dining room table. Sure hope we don't invite anyone over for a fancy dinner.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Here's my vice-president of operations researching World of Warcraft. If anyone needs help learning how to play WoW or just about any other computer, console or Nintendo DS game......he's your guy. I'm sure his rates are reasonable.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
This is the portable hard drive I bought this weekend. It sure is purty. It's a SimpleTech and I bought the 40 GB version as that has more then enough space for what I need.

We also bought a new printer, it's a HP C3150. I know lots of folks bag on HP printers but we bought our daughter one last year (same model) and my mom also has an HP on my recommendation. So far, I like this unit. I haven't printed out any pictures with it, but having a scanner and a copier is really going to come in handy.

My laptop is an HP DV 6000. It's set up similar to this one only I have 2 GB's of memory, the 256 meg video card, the AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-60 processor and a 120 GB hard drive. 2 gigs of RAM might seem like overkill (and it probably is) but having that much RAM and a fairly nice sized video card means I can have all kinds of stuff running at the same time and the laptop is still quick.

I thought about upgrading it to Vista in 6 months but unless there is some compelling reason I need to, I'll probaly just continue to run XP on it and buy a new desktop with Vista preinstalled. That's down the road at least 6 months to a year, I'll let Microsoft work out some bugs on Vista before I spend the money.

Don't know what everyone's weather is like, but here in PA.....it's sure ain't winter. Temps in the 40's and 50's are more like early spring.....we'll probably get 6 feet of snow in January and February just because I said something.

Festivus may be a made up holiday, but this guy is making some bucks off of it.

Make your own fractals. If I had more time to play around with my camera, I'd try it, they look pretty cool. More here.

Today's Art Break. I don't know about you folks, but I love looking at "art cars".....

There is a Burt Reynolds museum in Florida. I wanna go. Seriously. When I was a kid, all my friends had Trans Ams....and we all went to see Smokey and the Bandit over and over.....

I don't know what you people think, but I think Willard Scott was damn scary. Here's proof.

I like how this guy thinks. He'd be fun to have as a neighbor.

Wow, I don't remember 1977 as being so groovy. I guess the folks at the ad agencies smoked a lot of dope back then.

This is a good commercial.

I love this website. I could watch this for a few weeks nonstop....

All the bad stuff I said about George Bush.....I take back. Of course I'm just kidding, the guy is still as thick as ever.

What exactly does that pole attach to?

It's 1971 again. I had one of those and I used to use it all the time. Check out those trippin' clothing styles.

What's your New Year's resolution?

Mine?

Ah......I don't really have one.

I figure as long as I don't wake up dead....I'll work with that and make the rest up as I go along.

As long as my family is healthy....anything else is just extra whipped cream on my pudding.

Happy New Year!

Till later.

No comments: