Wednesday, March 21, 2007

More on "Bong Hits for Jesus"

Here's another article about the BHFJ case currently being heard at the Supreme Court. The last time I checked, most bongs in the USA are used for marijuana and not tobacco so Ken Starr has a pretty good point. Even if bongs were commonly used for tobacco in the USA, the guy having a banner with the word "bong" on it means he's either promoting drug use or tobacco use and neither are cool near a school.

I think the entire case would have been handled differently by the media if the young man had decided to use the word "abortion" instead of a vague drug reference on his sign......and these folks probably wouldn't be filing "friends of the court" briefs with the Supreme Court concerning Joseph Fredericks civil rights to free expression......politics and religion make strange bedfellows.
________________________________________


I'm glad I don't live in DC. I think all drivers should be retested at regular intervals.

When I was in high school, I had a friend that had one of these. He had always wanted a convertible, so he sawzalled the roof off after graduation. Not the smartest guy in our class........

Dumb joke time........

An Irishman walks into a bar in Dublin, orders three pints of Guinness and sits in the back of the room, drinking a sip out of each one in turn.

When he finished all three, he comes back to the bar and orders three more.

The bartender says to him, "You know, a pint goes flat after I draw it; it would taste better if you bought one at a time."

The Irishman replies, "Well, you see, I have two brothers. One is in America, the other in Australia, and I'm here in Dublin.

When we all left home, we promised that we'd drink this way to remember the days we all drank together."

The bartender admits that this is a nice custom, and leaves it there.

The Irishman becomes a regular in the bar and always drinks the same way: he orders three pints and drinks the three pints by taking drinks from each of them in turn.

One day, he comes in and orders two pints. All the other regulars in the bar notice and fall silent.

When he comes back to the bar for the second round, the bartender says, "I don't want to intrude on your grief, but I wanted to offer my condolences on your great loss."

The Irishman looks confused for a moment, then a light dawns in his eye and he laughs.

"Oh, no," he says, "Everyone is fine. It's me......I've quit drinking!"

I've never seen a dog sleep like this. He does kinda look like a chicken.

Some toy designers out there have a twisted sense of humor and whoever designed these lighters oughta be slapped upside the head.

This is just what we need, the Democrats and Republicans getting into a pissing match.

I really like this car. Maybe in 5 or 6 years when my van is on it's last legs......I might buy one. At that point, it will be all the car I need and I'd double my bike storage area..........more bike storage area means more bikes:-)

My new favorite comedy podcast. Not entirely P.C.

I don't know if Gore is going to run for President, but he sure would make it interesting if he does. He certainly won't run out of talking points........

This is gotta be the best thing ever if you like brownies with a crusty edge.

Finally..........unnecessary censorship.

Till later.

No comments: