Saturday, June 21, 2008

The bucket list........

A friend of mine is getting ready to retire and last night we were discussing our "bucket lists"

Me? Here's a tentative list....

Since I never went to college.....I'd like to see both of my kids graduate and when I retire....I'd like to try it out. Right now, I'm just to damn busy to enjoy it, so I want to do it at my pace. I might only take 1 or 2 classes a semester, but I want to do it just to say I did it.

Take some trips with my lovely wife. Nothing too complicated....maybe just jump in the car or a train and disappear for a couple weeks with no agenda. I would like to go to Ireland and kiss the Blarney Stone.

Buy a small scooter or a moped. Yeah, I know it sounds like a monumental waste of money but I miss being able to ride 60 or 70 miles at a clip on my bicycle....I like the feeling of the wind on my large forehead and being able to spend time outside.

Fly around in a small airplane for a couple hours. I have no interest in piloting the plane, I just want to see stuff from high up.

Go on a cruise that visits Hawaii and Alaska. It'd be an awful long cruise but my wife and I would spend lots of time people watching and reading books.

So far, I think I've spent a couple hundred thousand dollars we don't have so I'll quit while I'm ahead..........

till later.

No comments: