Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Tip your server.......

I took my mom out for lunch yesterday and I'm pretty sure waitressing is one tough way to make a living.

I'll be honest, I'm a fairly generous tipper if I get good service...our bill yesterday was 26 bucks and I left 6 bucks for a tip. That's a shade over 20% but our service was outstanding. A family of four sitting next to us left 2 dollars for their tip.

If I was a waiter....I'd have a hard time not slapping the crap out of poor tippers.

Anyways, my mom and I had a great lunch just shooting the breeze- a month out from her knee replacement...she's doing pretty darn good. The psychical therapy is kicking her ass, but that's almost over and I'm sure she's glad of that.....it's kinda like paying someone to torture you.

Since my mom and I are only 17 years apart, we tend to think alike on lots of subjects so it's fun to sit down and pick each others brains concerning the issues.

If you're lucky enough to have your folks around..take them out to lunch just for the heck of it and have some conversation with them....most parents are usually a lot wiser than you and have lots of great stories to tell.

At some point this week, I'll be talking to someone in the media concerning the clearcutting going on down at Kain Park....should be interesting....I'm not one to keep my opinion to myself when it comes to something like this.

You know....I have a feeling the Bush administration is gonna be in the news long after next January.

I was at the opposite end of town yesterday getting computer prices for a client and on the way back, I passed quite a few automobile dealerships. Now would be a really good time to buy that SUV you've had your eye on.....I saw lot after lot packed full of new ones just sitting unsold.

Me? I want a motorized bicycle. 150 miles to the gallon would be nice.

I'm not in the market for a new car though. I'll be driving my paid for 9 year old 15 mpg minivan until the wheels fall off of it. I'm kind of hoping to buy a Smart car or an electric car at that point.....you know what they say-sometimes less is more.

till later.

No comments: