Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Dad returns home.....

My dad got out of the hospital this past Tuesday and not a day to soon.....he was pretty much climbing the walls. One thing he learned in the hospital is that the night shift nurses talk about the day shift nurses and vice-versa.

Even if with them all talking about each other....he got great care at both hospitals he was in over the past 2 weeks....he owes his life to the folks at Memorial Hospital and likewise York Hospital. Both places are staffed with some really kind and compassionate staff.

It takes a special person to be a nursing assistant, nurse or doctor and both hospitals are truly blessed with some awesome staff.

Now that my dad has been home for a couple days, he is starting to get caught up on sleep...I am sure he is sore as hell. I can't imagine it's a picnic when they open up your chest cavity and dig around in both you legs for veins to use for the bypass.

He's a tough guy, so I'm sure he'll be up and back to work in 6 weeks. Yeah, he's 72 years old but he still likes his job and hates the thought of laying around... more power to him if that's what he wants to do.

Me? I wanna retire tomorrow........
_______________________________________

It's pretty neat, but ......why? Just buy a flute already....who wants to be known as the guy that plays a broccoli?

Christmas lights and lots of them. I hope to get out on my bike some night and check out all the lights in my neighborhood. I love riding at night....it's so quiet out. Of course, I and my bike are lit up like a Christmas tree....I have a bar light, a helmet light, a reflective vest, 2 rear blinkies, a front blinkie and about 10 yards of reflective tape on my bike. I figure that if someone hits me...they were aiming for me.

Boy, the economy sure is in the tank, huh? I've been debating about buying another laptop for my business. The longer I put it off-the cheaper things get. If I buy the laptop I have my eyes on at Sam's.....I don't have to pay for it for a whole year. I like using other peoples money, so I might bite.

My wife and I are lucky enough to have stable jobs with stable companies but lots of folks out there aren't nearly as fortunate......I sure hope things turn around soon. I know what it's like to be "between" jobs and it ain't fun.

161 million dollars? Wow. He sure seems like a stand up guy...if they are willing to pay him that much money-I guess he's worth it.

I love me some Clint Eastwood.....one of my happiest childhood memories was going to see all the Dirty Harry movies with my dad.

My folks didn't have much money when I was growing up, so it probably shot my dads spending money for the week when we went to the movies.

My folks might have been short of money when I was a kid.....but money ain't everything.

till later.

No comments: