Friday, June 24, 2005

Bar ends for life............

Here is Test-It- Thursdays review.............a day late.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
click thumbies for full size pics

SingleTrack Solutions bar ends........Guaranteed unbreakable. I've tested out their warranty and they do stand behind their product. I've sent them back broken bar ends twice and they have shipped me a new set both times no questions asked.

The bar ends weigh practically nothing and you don't look like a total goober when you run them on riser bars. Another thing I like about them is that they help keep your hands on the bars when the going gets stupid.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Also in this pic- I have a shot of Pedro's "dice" grips........I've tried all kinds of grips over the past few years and these are some of the most comfortable I've tried. They are made out of very soft rubber and while I wear gloves 99% of the time I'm riding, I don't know if they would be kind to bare hands due to the raised "dice". I use paint on the inside of the grips to secure them, that's the grey stuff you see all over the handlebars and grips in the pic.

Yeah, I know-I'm a slob............what can I say?.......................


Here is today's project for ya'll.........go to this website- "World of Possibilities" and download this weeks show. Here is the RSS podcast feed if you have podcatcher software............

http://www.aworldofpossibilities.com/audio/aworldofpossibilities.rss

It's titled Wrangling Over Energy: The Struggle for the Soul and Soil of the American West.

Burn it to a CD or put it in your iPod-I guarantee that you'll be steamed when you hear the natural gas people defend their position. I get this show as a podcast every week and it always has eye opening content.

Another place to get some NPR lovin' is KPBS in San Deigo. Here is their feeds page for you podcast freaks out there.

One of the PA blogging bike riders has a good post up about what people bring on rides. I think I am on the minimum end of things. I carry tubes, a patch kit, a cell, money and ID with me. Plus a deraileur hanger when I'm on the mtb hardtail. Don't ride with a heartrate monitor and I use my bike computer mostly for the time of day. As far as a Bluetooth headset for my cell?...... please.

I ride to get away from everyday stuff for a little while...............

Till later............

No comments: