Friday, June 17, 2005

Not much ridin' going on............

I've been on a bike a total of about 3 hours this week. Getting my system acclimated back to 3rd shift work as taken all week. It usually doesn't take that long to get back into the swing of things..........it sucks getting old.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Our daughter found this awesome website.........I could spend some money there! I really like the bumper sticker above.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Part of me really likes the idea of this car but part of me would be afraid of getting T-boned by a cell phone using soccer parent while they were drinking their latte. That thing is tiny. Not sure what the hold up is but they have 12,000 people with cash in hand for one-they haven't sold one yet. Maybe they don't use enough gas or something.

I know I've posted this guy before, but his rant on coffee made me laugh my ass off.

Been reading some other bike blogs and the recollections of some of the authors earliest bike rides.

I have some gruesome memories.

Are you surprised?

I remember when I was 5 years old and I destroyed the first of my many bikes. I was riding my tricycle (a tricycle is a bike,right?) when I dropped off a curb and snapped the handlebars clean off. I did a 180, flipped the bike over onto it's side, slid down a ravine and promptly shit my pants. Hey, I was only 5, whaddya expect?

When I got a bike to replace the tricycle, it was a 16 incher with solid rubber tires. You can make awesome skid marks with solid rubber tires. For awhile. I eventually had so many flat spots on my rear tire it was like riding a Flintstones bike.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
............Good times.

Till later

No comments: