Thursday, June 30, 2005

Test it Thursday................

The best a man can get.............

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Hey, if it can make Saddam look good, it can make anybody look good.

Seriously?

I really do use this razor and I like it quite a bit. Something about having a motorized razor appeals to the geek in me. I don't ever plan on shaving my legs but if I did-this razor would probably be pretty good at it.

The blades aren't cheap but they seem to last a lot longer then normal blades. I can get at least a dozen shaves out of one set of blades before I change'em out.

I did shave my head once last year with it and my scalp was as smooth as a baby's ass. Unfortunately my wife thought I looked like a convict, so she made me grow at least a little hair back.(Yes, that's my forehead.) One thing I've learned in 23 years of wedded bliss is that if my wife ain't happy.........ain't nobody happy. Oh, by the way......save the forehead jokes okay?

One other item for Test It Thursday.......
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I don't own many bike specific tools but this one is a must if you do cables on your bike. Cuts cables perfectly and does the same with housings as well. I used to use a plain ole pair of wire cutters which smash housings and almost instantly fray cables when cutting through them. Step up to the plate and throw down the money-good tools are worth it.

Next week on Test It Thursday.........I'm gonna put flames on my chopper.

On to other things.............

Wassup with the whole "Blue States" vs "Red States" thing? I thought I lived in the UNITED States of America. Whoever came up with that whole thing oughta be slapped.

I was listening to a podcast last night and a lady said her dogs were just like her children...... what utter bullshit. I think I've covered this before but it still pisses me off when I hear that. One of the many differences between kids and pets.........

A kid gets deathly sick?...........you do everything you possibly can to prolong their life to the very end.

A cat or dog gets deathly sick?........you eventually take it to the vet and have it professionally killed so it doesn't suffer. If your fish gets sick? You give it a spin down the crapper. Having said that, I think we have a couple of fish and a few gerbils buried in our backyard.

Have an iPod and wanna keep up on how Lance and the Discovery boys are doing at the Tour? Click here for the feed page. Also, iTunes 4.9 is out, which includes support for podcasts.

Also, listening to a PBS podcast last night about earthquakes..........the New Madrid faultline is due for a big one. Last one back in the early 1800's made the Mississippi run backward for several hours.

I'm gonna get one of these for night riding. I wonder how long the batteries last.........

I hope he takes a bath before his next court appearance.

I think this is a great idea.

How to be a professional slacker.

This is an eye opener. We'd need 4.9 planets if everyone was like me. I think I'm gonna install some solar panels on my forehead to generate some extra electricity.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I like the concept, but you'd have to be rockin' a fairly big set of balls to actually use'em. (Link contains foul language)

This has gotta be the stupidest bike I've ever seen.

I heard about this bike shop on one of the podcasts I subscribe to. They have some pretty neat ideas about bikes, they interviewed one of the owners of the shop.

I remember going to the drive in with my mom and dad to watch the original of this movie.. ..........I wonder if Lindsay can outrun the media in Herbie.

Holy crap. This is seriously cool. Read the hardware requirments before you download you need a fairly recent computer and broadband.

Wow. There's actually a car club for these. I owned one for 9 years and other then stuff randomly falling off and accessories that ceased to function over the years (lighter, air con, power door locks, radio, rear defroster, heater motor, power mirrors, fuel gauge, etc) it wasn't a bad car. Actually I wish someone woulda stole it and ran it over a quarry cliff.

That's about it for today...time to hit the sack.

Till later.

3 comments:

The Donut Guy said...

Oops.. .........What the hell do I know? I'm just some dumbass Irishman with a computer and plenty of spare time:-)

Pete LaVerghetta said...

I am a dedicated Mach 3 (non turbo) user.
I do have a Park cable cutterm but not that model. I'm thinking of upgrading, it will be either that one or a Felco.

Jank said...

Cable cutters indeed rock.

I shave every other day, with plain soap and a disposable that lasts about a quarter. Freak of genetics, I guess.