Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Comcast is really pissing me off......

Before I go any further on the subject of Comcast......let me say this- every person I have dealt with over the past 4 months trying to get my situation resolved has been polite and professional, so I don't want my rant or complaints that follow to reflect on how I have been treated by the staff of Comcast......here goes-

The whole beginning of this fiasco started back in February when my wife tuned into watch Turner Classic Movies one weekend. No channel and no explanation on any billing why it disappeared.

The following week, I read an article in our local paper concerning how Comcast dropped the ball concerning this matter and that TCM and another channel were being moved and I would need to go to the cable office and pick up a converter..

I went to the office and after standing in line for 20 minutes...I was informed that they had no converters and would have to set up an appointment to have a tech come out and install one. Why did I have to waste 20 minutes in line when someone could have made a sign for the lobby?

Couple weeks go by and the tech comes out and installs the box and check our cables and fixed a few things that made our picture quite a bit better.....only problem was that TCM wasn't showing up. The tech called the office and couldn't figure out why it wasn't showing up as everything else was he thought that TCM might be off the air temporarly.

It sounded like a reasonable thing to have happen and thanked him and he told me to check for the channel the next day.

In the mean time, we were billed 35 bucks for a service call....I called the office and a very nice rep told me that they would remove the charge as we still weren't getting the channel. In the mean time, I complained about my troubles on this blog and someone from Comcast hooked us up with a direct phone number and a contact to get the issue resolved.

That worked out extremely well-the tech came out and replaced a section of co-axial cable and checked a few things and we were getting TCM......

I and my wife were very happy for several days.....until we got a notice yesterday that told us our service was being shut off next week unless we payed for the service charge that was supposed to be taken off our bill.

I'm so pissed I can't even take the chance on talking to someone at Comcast because I don't want to lose my temper with someone....so hopefully my lovely wife will be able to talk to someone at Comcast to get this straightened out.

I have an extremely high FICA score-I've never late payed on a bill for the last 35 years. If this effects my FICA score in the least- I"m gonna pop a blood vessel.

To say I'm pissed is an understatement. At this point- I want someone from Comcast to fix this problem and hook my wife up with her choice of pay channels for a year because she's the one who enjoys watching TV way more than I do.

Do I sound unreasonable?

I don't think so for as long as this has been going on.

I'm gonna go and try to calm down now.........

No comments: