Wednesday, May 14, 2008

My wife is good....and much calmer then I am.

Not sure what she said to the Comcast guy, but she got the billing situation situated and got a bunch of free channels for a year. She's much more calm than I am with situations like this.

Me?

There would probably be a mini-van sized hole in the front of the Comcast building where I installed my own drive-thru lane to pay my next bill.

My lovely wife is an RN at a local nursing home and every Tuesday she schedules meetings with the dependents of parents that are clients in her home. She has to listen to and resolve any issues relating to the care of the nursing home residents.

Stressful?

Oh, hell yeah.

If I was paying several thousand dollars a month for care for a loved one....yeah, I guess I'd want it to be perfect too....sometimes though, the children of the clients living in the nursing home can make some pretty unreasonable demands.

Anyways, all her nurses are involved and I try to make or buy something for them to have at lunch that day. This week, I was in charge of dessert......

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
How'd I do?

We have some sliced pound cake drizzled with strawberry glaze, lady fingers, blueberries, strawberries and a touch of whipped cream.

Hopefully that will make dealing with the difficult children of clients a little more easy to take.

I know if I was dealing with some of those folks......things would get ugly.

My wife is a way better person than I am when dealing with difficult situations. She's one special person and I imagine she's one helluva nurse.
___________________________________

Seriously, there's no reason for this....yeah, I know there is a picture of pound cake with whipped cream right above this but it ain't like only one person is gonna be eating it. Moderation, people.

This is not awesome since I'm typing this on an HP laptop running XP with an AMD processor.

This is a damn shame. My folks raised me to be better than that over 30 years ago. Looks like some parents didn't get the memo regarding racial slurs.

"Winning the War on Drugs" by the......Asylum Street Spankers. Yeah, I know I'm a flaming nut job liberal.....but lets start treating marijuana the same as hard liquor and tax the hell out of it.

Trust me, it's easier to back up all the stuff that will make you cry if you lose it. To be honest, it's probably a good idea to back up your important stuff to more than one place. Me? I have 3 back ups of all my important stuff, but I've been through a hard drive crash and I'm paranoid.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Mmmmmm......I don't want to come across as elitist, our kids attend a private school where they don't have to deal with military recruiters.......pervs? I think I remember our daughter telling me about a few weird teachers when she went to high school and every morning when i drop our son off there is a really skeevy looking teacher that stands outside and watches all the kids get dropped off.

If you've never smoked...you have no idea how hard it is to quit. For the last couple of years I smoked....I hated every single cigarette I smoked. I took me a couple of tries to finally kick the habit. Ray, I know you're reading this.....you are the MAN. 50 ain't too old to quit.

Holy cow, this is one large cow.

You best step off......this is my box.

This is some scary stuff.....1 and 1/2 trillion dollars? I bet it costs more than that.

Someones gonna light my ass up for this one...72 years old isn't really that old....but I kinda think it's too old to sign up for what could be 8 years of running the largest country in the world. John McCain at 80 isn't what this country needs. Let's face it-it's a damn stressful job.

Ice cream lovers take it up the poop chute once again. Go ahead are resize everything else but leave my damn ice cream alone.

My friend Doug sent me this........

Last year I replaced all the windows in my house with that expensive double-pane energy efficient kind, and today, I got a call from the contractor who in stalled them.

He was complaining
that the work had been completed a whole year ago and I still hadn't paid for them.

Helllooooo?

Just because I'm blonde doesn't mean
that I am automatically stupid.

So, I told him just what his fast talking
sales guy had told me last year, that in ONE YEAR these windows would pay for themselves!

Helllooooo?


It's been a year, I told him.


There was only silence at the other end of the line,
so I finally just hung up.

He never called back. Guess I won that stupid
argument.

I bet he felt like an idiot.


At first, I thought that Doug actually had his windows replaced , but I realized it was a joke when I remembered that Doug has even less hair than I do and none of it is blond.

I wonder if she has enough pantsuits to last until August.

I don't get into much about religion on this blog.......I'm not Catholic or an Evangelical-both this dude is waaaay out there. We're all different religions, nationalities and colors but we have one thing in common......we all need to get along and treat each like we'd like to be treated.

America is the only country in the world that would consider firing someone for dropping the "F" bomb on live TV by mistake. Shit happens.

I bet this judge's courtroom was fun.

Wow......just f**king wow. At least he gave up golf.

Our son's girlfriend pitches fast pitch softball....I bet she's gonna enjoy this video.

Hey fellas, watch this.

More fail than you can shake a stick at.

I'd email it to 43, but it's kinda long and I'm not sure he'd understand all those big words anyways.

till later.

No comments: