Thursday, May 01, 2008

Vacation coming soon......

I have a vacation week coming up soon and I can hardly wait to do some heavy duty slacking.

I plan to.....

-Wash and wax all 3 cars

-Ride my chopper some.....for newer readers-I don't own a motorcycle-I own a Kona BikeHotRod. This has to be one of the most impractical bikes I've ever owned, but you cannot ride this bike without grinning like an idiot.....it was worth the money. My only problem is that I live at the top of a hill and I'm kinda outta of shape so I know I'll end up pushing up at least the last part of the hill to my house. Still a fun bike to ride around on.

-Watch the assortment of TV shows I have taped over the past 2 months or so. I never label them, I like to be surprised when I push the "play" button.

-Do a ride down at Lake Redman and check out the damage the latest round of logging has done. York Water owns the property and leases it to the York County Parks, but still-cutting down perfectly good trees in a county park is about the dumbest idea that they could ever come up with. Sure, I know trees need to be harvested to make paper products....but in a county park? Dumbass idea. I'll take pictures so y'all can see the stupidity and greed at work.

-Pick a rainy day and totally spring clean our house. my wife works 60+ hours a week and my free time is limited due to my wacky work schedule so it's the least I can do with some of my 4+ weeks of vacation.

-Yardwork.......uh, I'd have to hit the "no" buzzer on this one. I'm going to spray some weed and feed on the front yard and call it done. Our backyard has 900 varieties of grass, weeds, flowers, mushrooms, moss and dirt. I'm going to see if it will self convert back to prairie land or something.

-Take some pictures of stuff. What kind of stuff? beats the heck out of me....what I'd like to do is pack a lunch and ride for a few hours and shoot pics of stuff that looks interesting. It will depend on how badly I abuse my knees during the week. Maybe I'll do this ride early in the week.

-Post more fun stuff on my blog.......
_____________________________________

I could almost vote for Hilary if she just could manage to come across as even slightly human. She doesn't seem to have anything nice to say about anything. She has every right to continue running but I think she is going to see the light at the end of the tunnel........... is a train headlight.

Pastor Wright can say whatever he wants to......it's a free country. I happen to think he's gone off the rails, but that's just my opinion.

My mom gets pissed when I write about politics too much.....so here's a picture of kitties. I love you mom :-)

Not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Finally, a contestant that's as dumb as the show. Seriously, I've never watched this show...is all they do for an hour is pick out suitcases? No wonder the world thinks Americans are dumbasses.

Ay ay ay ay.....you woulda thought someone would have known about this corner ahead of time.

Roommate love.....I'm being facetious.

PoP has a very good point here...makes sense to me.

This reminds me of a particular customer that shops every week. She smells like bad perfume, Jim Bean, stale cigarette and burnt rubber...and you can smell her before you see her.

These are supposed to be bad songs? Hell no, some of these are my favorite songs....

Our daughter just bought a GPS for her car....here's a GPS unit more my speed.

Holy crap.

Whaddya think this kid's chances are of being successful later in life? I know that if I stole my mom's car when I was 7 because I liked to "do bad things"....my ass would still be sore 41 years later.

No video games for a week?

Howsabout no video games, TV, computer, MP3 player or any other electronic device until you get a paper route to pay back your grandma in full? Want some recreation?....read a book.

A joke and I'm out........

A guy is 75 years old and loves to fish.

He was sitting in his boat the other day when he heard a voice say, "Pick me up."


He looked around and couldn't see any one. He thought he was dreaming when he heard the voice say again, "Pick me up."


He looked in the water and there, floating on the top, was a frog.


The man said, "Are you talking to me?"
The frog said, "Yes, I'm talking to you. Pick me up.

Then, kiss me and
I'll turn into the most beautiful woman you have ever seen. I'll make sure that all your friends are envious and jealous because you will have me as your bride."

The man looked at the frog for a short time, reached over, picked it up carefully, and placed it in his front breast pocket.


Then the frog said, "What, are you nuts? Didn't you hear what I said? I said kiss me and I will be your beautiful bride"


He opened his pocket, looked at the frog and said,

"Nah, at my age I'd rather have a talking frog."


till later.

No comments: