Saturday, July 08, 2006

More bald eagles.....

Our son and I where down at Lake Redman Friday morning trying our luck at fishing. Didn't catch a darn thing in 2 1/2 hours but I took some pics of the eastern side of Lake Redman.

Some of which you can see here. I had the resolution on the camera set to maximum, so these pics are suitable for wallpaper or whatever else trips your trigger..... I know lots of them look the same, but I was playing around with exposure and aperture settings just to see what they do.

Talked to an older gentleman who pointed out some nesting spots for a family of bald eagles that have moved in down at Redman. Talked to him as we were leaving, so I didn't get a chance to take any pictures, I will the next time Daniel and I are down fishing.

I certainly hope that if the York Water company decides to do any more logging down at Kain Park (Lake Redman) they take into account any of the wildlife that may be nested in sections they intend to log.

I know the club I helped found several years ago to address trail issues and access at the York County Parks doesn't really really concern themselves much with this sort of thing which is a shame. They seem to be more concerned with riding, racing, maintaining and opening new trails. There's nothing wrong with that, that's just what they do.

I'm just hoping that they are done with the clearcut logging for awhile...........

Listened to one of my favorite podcasts last night, I know I have a few readers in Portand-I'm sure they are familiar with these folks. In the latest broadcast, they talk with a couple that cycled through Laos with a 2 year old. Really good stuff.

One of these days I will get around to reconstucting my "links" section.........I'm just kinda pokey....

This is amazing.......

One-third of high school graduates never read another book for the rest of their lives. Many do not even graduate from high school.

58% of the US adult population never reads another book after high school.

42% of college graduates never read another book.

80% of US families did not buy or read a book last year.

70% of US adults have not been in a bookstore in the last five years.

57% of new books are not read to completion.

More here. I couldn't imagine life without reading. I've constantly got my nose in a book magazine or something.

One of my favorite blogs. Their daughter is such a cutie!

McBride fell 12 stories, hitting the pavement like a Hefty bag
filled with vegetable soup. More here. I love that kind of stuff.

It took him a year, but he got the house.

Finally, a cartoon I saw on Growabrain.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Till later.

No comments: