Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Class of "77".........

I got a notice in the mail....our 30 year class reunion is this year.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I've been out of school for 30 years?

Holy crap.

30 years is a long time. On paper, that makes me damn near 50. My ever suffering wife is probably wondering when I'm gonna start acting my age.

Hopefully, never.

Some folks my age are retired already, some are dead and some are like me....just average shmoes out there making a living. I wasn't very close to too many people and I haven't attended any of the previous reunions, so I think I'll go to this one and see how everyone has changed...or died.

____________________________________

Our daughter turned me on to this blog. Very well written, it about a family whose daughter suffers from Congenital Bilateral Perisylvian Syndrome. I haven't read a whole lot of it yet, but what I've read, I've really enjoyed....

Our daughter also made us a fabulous dinner last night. It was a Mexican fiesta....she even wore a fancy hat...
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Pretty cool, huh? She's a pretty darn good kid. Even though she's gonna be 20 this year....she's always gonna be our baby.

I've never seen one of these before. I don't think I'd be sucking on the end of that hose though...I'd hook it up to a shop vac instead.

Here's a car you can eat. More here.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Our cat is such a floozy. She was watching American Idol when I took the pic.

Here's a very interesting series of articles concerning real estate and home mortgages.

I will be so happy when my van is wore out and I can buy a Smart Car. I've been driving my parents Saturn for the last 2 weeks and I just put gas in it for the first time....it took all of 5 gallons, going back to my gas hog van at the end of the summer is gonna suck.

Seat belts? We don't need no stinkin' seat belts. Actually, I am totally okay with 43 not wearing seat belts.....if he wants to take the chance on taking himself out of the gene pool-I say go for it.

When I'm at work, I use the "0" second rule..in college, things are different.

I'm famous.....no not really, my friends are just trying to shame me into riding with them. Looks like I better take them up on it or I'll never live it down. If any readers of this blog live nearby, please feel free to invite yourselves.....I think we'll be heading out at 1 PM on Monday and trust me on this...the pace will be casual. Just drop a comment in the comments section and we'll keep an eye out for you. If it's like any of the other rides I do, you'll spend more time shooting the shit then doing any serious riding....and that's A-OK with me.

You shouldn't have to be a geek to understand this, but it might help.

I'd love to see Gore run in 2008, but only if he brings his newfound balls with him.

Today's Bushism.

Today's science break.

I know I have several readers in England......you guys aren't all hooligans are you?

What are your kids doing online? We have an internet filter on all our PC's....

It's called Dad.

Our son knows I have software on all the computers in the house that e-mail me a report every morning that tells me what programs were used, when they were used and which web sites were visited on all 3 of our computers.

Our son gets to use his good judgment when he uses the internet.

That's all the filter any parent should need.

Till later.

No comments: