Wednesday, May 09, 2007

My laptop was sorta hosed.......

Ever hear the story about the automobile mechanic that does great work but drives a 15 year old rust mobile? Well, same thing here with computers....I picked up something from somewhere that was freezing my cursor up on occasion. Whatever it was is gone, I did some housecleaning and a few spyware scans and it's as good as new. For some reason I had to reinstall all the audio drivers, I guess I got a little over zealous when I was deleting stuff.

This is so ridiculous, it's funny. Seriously, does she actually think Arnie would chuck his political career into the trash just to save her skinny ass from going to prison? Maybe she can make a reality show out of her experience. Martha Stewart sucked it up and did her time, Paris should do the same....I say, lock her ass up.

Have I mentioned lately how awesome my wife is?

Well, she is. She is also a very good multi-tasker just like our daughter. I guess that's where our daughter got it from. This morning my wife worked out, got a shower, baked a cake, made dinner and was out the door before 6AM. She's a damn good cook. I'm an extremely lucky man. Just thought I'd mention it.

I made myself a cocktail last night before I went to bed, I think I'm not used to alcohol because I slept real good.

Our son was showing me a chart he found online showing how impaired you get from the number of drinks you have over time. Seeing that I only had one drink-the chart said I wasn't impaired.

I must not have a very high tolerance for alcohol, because while I know I wasn't all boozed up, the one drink I had made me floaty headed.

Well, more floaty headed then normal.

I don't think I would want to drive a car, even with just having one drink.....

I stopped down at my folks house yesterday and showed my mom how to back up stuff onto her portable hard drive. Since she is writing a book, she wanted to make sure she was backing it up properly in case something happened to her laptop. Since I wasn't familiar with the software she was using, I kinda lost her stuff for a couple minutes. I knew I didn't delete it, I just couldn't figure out where it was. Moral of the story, learn things before you go poking around.

By the way, I got a semi-sneak preview of the book....I'm not saying this because the book is being written by my mother, but....I wouldn't be surprised to see it published at some point and become a best seller-I think it's gonna be tight....and that's all I'm allowed to say.

More on that raw chicken sandwich I posted about yesterday.

In the scheme of things... we are kinda small potatoes.

If you have an AOL account....you might want to read this. Back in the day, I used to have an AOL account and there were lots warez out there to crack passwords and imitate AOL staff in chatrooms. Don't know about now, but 10 years ago, they weren't very secure.

Best top ten list you will see today.

I got a free oil change this morning. I first the first customer at the oil change place and the guy couldn't get his computer to boot up, so I spent 10 minutes playing around with some settings and got him up and running. Not sure if it had to do with it being Patch Tuesday but I wouldn't be surprised....Needless to say, the guy was really happy because he was 2 people short and they were starting to get real busy.

It was almost like I was "Super Computer Guy"

Till later.

No comments: