Monday, May 21, 2007

TWINS!!!!!!

A couple of our friends stopped by Sunday afternoon with their twins.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

These two guys are truly something. Our friends got them out of their vehicle and I don't think they stopped moving for the hour or so they were here. They managed to stomp in the water puddle left by me when I washed cars, swung on the tree swing, did the slide and squirted me with water and laughed the whole time they were here.

If every parent had children like these guys-there wouldn't be an obesity epidemic because they had their parents constantly chasing them around. Two truly fun kids.

If you like reading about kids and family, this is a blog you won't want to miss. Unlike this blog, The Camping Machine is family safe 100% of the time and is written way more gooder then this here blog. You'll enjoy it-I promise.
_____________________________________

What it's like to be a fisherman...I think I'll stick to making donuts.

I don't usually copy and paste these heartwarming stories like this one, but this one is good...
In 1986, Mkele Mbembe was on holiday in Kenya after graduating from Northwestern University. On a hike through the bush, he came across a young bull elephant standing with one leg raised in the air.

The elephant seemed distressed, so Mbembe approached it very carefully.
He got down on one knee and inspected the elephant's foot and found a large piece of wood deeply embedded in it. As carefully and as gently as he could, Mbembe worked the wood out with his hunting knife, after which the elephant gingerly put down its foot.

The elephant turned to face the man, and with a rather curious look on its face, stared at him for several tense moments.
Mbembe stood frozen, thinking of nothing else but being trampled. Eventually the elephant trumpeted loudly, turned, and walked away. Mbembe never forgot that elephant or the events of that day.

Twenty years later, Mbembe was walking through the Chicago Zoo with his teenaged son.
As they approached the elephant enclosure, one of the creatures turned and walked over to near where Mbembe and his son Tapu were standing. The large bull elephant stared at Mbembe, lifted its front foot off the ground, then put it down.

The elephant did that several times then trumpeted loudly, all the while staring at the man.
Remembering the encounter in 1986, Mbembe couldn't help wondering if this was the same elephant. Mbembe summoned up his courage, climbed over the railing and made his way into the enclosure. He walked right up to the elephant and stared back in wonder.

The elephant trumpeted again, wrapped its trunk around one of Mbembe' s legs and slammed him against the railing, killing him instantly.


Probably wasn't the same elephant.


Not very heartwarming, huh?

This one is better....

One day the first grade teacher was reading the story of Chicken Little to her class. She came to the part of the story where Chicken Little tried to warn the farmer.

She read, ".... and so Chicken Little went up to the farmer and said, 'The sky is falling, the sky is falling!' ". The teacher paused then asked the class, "And what do you think that farmer said?".

One little girl raised her hand and said, "I think the farmer said:


"HOLY CRAP, A TALKING CHICKEN!".


The teacher was unable to teach for the next 10 minutes.


Maybe it wasn't better, but at least nobody got stomped to death in that joke.....

Pretty neat optical illusion.

This one is for my pop....Walt Disney's last movie.

Today's science break. It's a little long, but it's a good read.

Someone in our military should read this.

Today's history break......The Civil War in four minutes. Read the comments and it ain't hard to figure out why the world is the way it is.

Bill Maher’s touching tribute to Jerry Falwell.......I wouldn't click this if you were a follower of Jerry Falwell.

Jimmy Carter probably isn't going to go down in history as one of the greatest Presidents, but he's still miles ahead of George W...I admire President Carter for what he's done after he was president....Carter talks the talk and walks the walk. If Bush does good work like Carter 20 years from now....I'll take back what everything bad I've ever said about him.

Proper English....the video might hurt your feelings if you use a lot of slang when you speak. The guy does have a point though...I've trained quite a few people in the past 30 years and how you speak has a lot to do with how other folks perceive you.

I was in our local hospital's emergency room earlier this year when I sliced my finger open, it's not the nicest place in the world-most of the folks there are either hurting or bleeding....but it's hard to imagine how this happened.

I can't believe this guy hasn't resigned yet. He's making George Bush look bad.

Sicko looks like an interesting movie.

Amazing sand castles.

Interesting article about how much is enough. Me? If I was in the "free gas" situation...I'd fill my tank up and be happy with that.

Wash your hands. I make food for a living and from reading this article...I'm betting I wash my hand more often then doctors do.

I like clean donuts.

Till later.

No comments: