Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Only 15 years or so to go........

I'm almost 50 and if everything goes to plan.....sometime after the next 15 years goes by-I'll be able to retire.

My dad (bless his heart) is in his early 70's and still works a 40 hour week.

I don't know 100% of my parents finances but I'm pretty sure he could retire if he wanted to. Thing is...he likes to work-more power to him I say.

Me?

The second I can retire.....I'm gone.

A good friend and co-worker just retired last week and he couldn't wipe the smile off his face. He saved 10% of his salary in a 401 k and with that, his pension and S.S., he's making more money retired then he was when he was working.

All I know is that my ass was dragging last night at work....having an entire week off from making donuts was nice and being back on my feet for 8 hours a night sucks hind teat.

This has to be the dumbest woman on the planet.

till later.

No comments: