Friday, April 17, 2009

All systems are GO

Woo hoo....I've been cleared to go back to work!

My leg is hella bruised up, but I have minimal knee discomfort.

Even better than being cleared for work-I can do a 1/2 hour of light spinning on the exercise bike.

I can also ride a regular bike for up to a half hour as long as I don't do hills. Since I live on a hill, I rode one of my bikes down to my parent's house-where they live it's as flat as a pancake-perfect for 1/2 hour spins.

After my next appt. in a month if everything is still good-I should be released from doctors care and resume normal activities.

I spent some time outside walking today...no clouds in the sky and mid 60's...perfect weather. To say I'm pumped to get more active would be an understatement. I just have to be very careful about not overdoing it.

I'm also pretty happy I didn't gain any weight in the last 3 weeks, I'm a big milk drinker (sometimes close to a gallon a day) by drinking less milk-I figured out I whacked off close to a 1000 calories a day.

This is a cool fishing video. It's kinda long (10 minutes) but if you are a dad with a son....you'll probably enjoy it. (Thanks for the link Jim)

I just make donuts for a living, but I think it might be time for these guys pull the plug and start over. I don't see how they can cut their way to prosperity.

I really like this guy.....what a sad way to end a career.

132 bucks for a shirt that looks exactly like the ones I used to wear in high school? Nah.

I've done lots of different jobs in my industry...this is true-especially for retail.

This has gotta be one of the coolest pictures ever.

McDonalds can be bad for you many different ways.

I had a drug problem when I was a kid. (Thanks for the link Hank) I'm sure Hank had the same problem when he was a kid as well.......

till later.

No comments: