Thursday, April 02, 2009

Some folks assume.......

I have a few clients and a few family members that love to send me unsolicited forwarded e mails.

Maybe because when I'm at a client's house I tend to nod and agree with them when they discuss political stuff so as not to appear rude. Most of my in-laws are staunch dyed in the wool Republicans and guess what?

I'm totally okay with that.

If I'm at your house and you want to discuss religion or politics-I'm gonna keep my mouth shut so I don't appear rude or upset folks with my somewhat extreme political views.

If you're at my house and wanna discuss politics-I'm gonna suggest we change the topic of discussion.

Insist on discussing politics or religion?

Well, we're gonna have a lively discussion and somebody will probably end up with hurt feelings because I go for the throat...nothing personal, I just hate to lose arguments, debates or anything else for that matter.

Whatever, just stop sending me forwarded emails about politics or religion-I ain't interested.

Yeah, I know what you're thinking...."Donut Guy, you talk about politics and religion on your blog all the time...what's the deal?"

The deal is that you choose to come here-if something I write pisses you off-you have several choices.

Do nothing, go to another web site or leave a polite comment and we can have a civilized online discussion. If you wanna be an asshole in the comments section, no biggie-I'll just delete your comment and ban your IP.

I read lots of stuff that pisses me off, but 99.99% of the time I blow it off unless I personally know the person well enough to call them on the phone and discuss the issue....after all, this is the Internet and everyone with a PC and an opinion can be heard.

If you don't like what they have to say...go outside and play.

Just don't forward me stupid e mails.

till later.

No comments: