Monday, May 23, 2005

Crit pics..............

Here are some pics from the crit I was at yesterday.....................



















My favorite one is the last one, man those guys are FAST. I have to apologize for the blurry pictures, this is the first time I've used my new camera for action pictures and I am still a little bit unsure of the settings. All I know is that they race inches apart from each other and I'd have to estimate they are going at least 25 mph.

My friend Will from Ed's Ski and Cycle was providing neutral support for the race and he had some pretty neat road bikes on display as well. I haven't been up to his shop yet, but maybe he will let me take some pics of the place when I manage to free up some time and pay him a visit.

I have a friend that is thinking about trying out his bike fit service and perhaps I could document the whole process and post up some pics. We'll see how that works out..................

After the race I rode over to my brother and sister-in-laws house to catch the tail end of my niece's birthday brunch. When my brother in law built his house several years ago-it was on a hill totally by itself on several acres of land. Now-it is surrounded by a new development of mini-McMansions............all the houses look the same to me. Same color, same size..........totally boring looking.

I also gave away one of my bikes yesterday. We have a nephew the same age as our daughter and he needed a road bike to do some commuting on. My 1977 Raleigh worked out really well for him so I gave it to him. I think it's pretty cool that a 17 year old is more interested in riding then driving. The bike is older the he is-truly old school.

Now I am down to 5 bikes.

I think my next bike is gonna be some type of full suspension bike. I like the Specialized Enduro and the Jamis Dakar. Both are really nice looking bikes but until I save the bucks for one or the other-I am thinking I will end up with a Dakar since they are a good bit less expensive then Specialized. Who knows, maybe I will hit the lottery and buy one of each:-)

I know I keep blathering on about podcasting but if you spend any time on a bike solo riding or commuting in a car- listening to podcasts are a great way to entertain and learn some stuff. My next post I am going to list some of my favorite ones again and how to listen to them.

Till later..................

No comments: