Thursday, May 26, 2005

Just some random crankiness

How come iPod accessories cost so damn much?
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I had to pay almost 20 bucks for a little clip that will let me put my Shuffle on my belt loop instead of hanging it around my neck like a goober.

I guess the stuff cost so much because dumbasses like me step up to the plate and buy it. I was at Circuit City and they have all kinds of stuff for iPods. Docks, connectors, chargers, cables-you name it and none of it is cheap.

I shop at our local Border's because they have a great assortment of mountain biking and cycling magazines. There is this clerk there that is so *s l o w * ringing up everyone's order and I always seem to get her when I'm waiting in line.

Today she was all by herself at the front and the older woman in front of me was questioning the price on everything she was buying. First off, If you are gonna be that much of a pain in the ass when you check out-go shop at Wal-Mart where they have do it yourself checkouts. Second.......yeah, I know-be patient but while I and other customers were waiting (for at least 5 minutes or so it seemed) at least 3 employees walked by the register area and none of them either paged for more cashiers or ran one themselves.

Outstanding
customer service..............Not.

Being patient is just not in my nature when it involves having to wait to pay for something. Took the test and I am relaxed, calm, secure, and optimistic but not patient. Go figure.

This is nice. Now all they have to do is figure out how to make their hambugers not taste like greasebombs.

Hunting with .50 caliber handguns? Holy shit, there won't be any deer left to eat.

We could sell them water...............for 5 bucks a gallon.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Yes, He does........when he's not riding His chopper.

Hey, this is cool. It took Darth 30 questions to get the object I was thinking about. The object?

A turd.

Yeah, I know............I need to grow up already.

I used to smoke, maybe this guy oughta consider quitting as well while he still has some face left.

Dumbass of the day. Gasoline and dishwashing detergent=napalm. I knew that already, too bad they didn't.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I have a tough job.

If anybody can figure this out-lemme know. Since I am so impatient-I gave up after 5 minutes.

As if the above link wasn't enough of a time waster, check out the pictureofeverything.

I'm guilty of not checking my e-mail all the time, I missed the fact that someone had comment on an earlier post I did. I had posted a link to this story and said that Newsweek f**ked up. Here was the comment posted by "Anonymous"...........

____________________________________________

"Newsweek f**ked up"? Not hardly! Newsweek reported on something that's actually been reported on many times before and seems to have happened repeatedly. The only reason they were taken to task for it is because their report happened to coincide with riots that were breaking out over it. The problem isn't reporting, the problem is Administration knuckleheads telling military commanders to "turn up the heat" on suspects taken captive, who in turn give a wink and a nod to poorly educated 19 year old kids who think it's funny as hell to beat the living crap out of people whose culture is different from theirs and who, 99 out of 100 times are completely innocent, guilty only of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

And we wonder why people around the world are starting to hate us?
____________________________________________

................My thoughts on the above comment? I completely agree with you that the Administration is full of knuckleheads.

Newsweek also has some knuckleheads working for them as well.

As far your comment about "poorly educated 19 year olds kids beating the crap out of people" is a bit unfair. Whatever.......you have your opinion-I have mine.


I saw this and was surprised they didn't mace and taser her. Those 86 year old women can get out of hand in a hurry.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.usDamn, that's a big fish.
According to the story it took over a half hour to reel in. Shoulda used a stick of dynamite and saved some time.

Gosh, I wish my parents woulda used this when I was a kid. Then I woulda been normal.

I wonder if I can just buy the motor for my chopper. Shucks, I'll just get some spokey-dokeys.

Till later...............

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

On customer service:

It's funny, for the last 35 years, I've worked in jobs that stressed customer service. I have heard the corporate party line on this topic in all it's permutations. It bores me, because it is something I believe in and have always practiced. When they tell me this crap, they are preaching to the choir.

But in my dealings as a consumer, it is so rare that when I encounter it, it blows me away. I make a point of spending my money in places with good service and avoiding those that don't have it.

On handguns:

I really enjoy shooting and working on guns. I'm sure that shooting a deer with a handgun is a challenge. But not nearly so much as it would be if the deer was shooting back. I support people's right to hunt, but it just depresses me to do it myself. When I pick up the dead animal, I am struck by the fact that this creature did not deserve to die. It was beautiful and living free, and I killed it. So I don't do it any more. Seems to me there are a lot more people who deserve to die than animals.

The Donut Guy said...

For sure on the customer service. An example- my LBS bends over backward to keep my business and would probably do anything (within reason) to keep it. How do I pay them back-I shop there for almost almost all my big ticket purchases.

Guns? Hell, I think everybody over the age of 25 should be *required* to carry a gun with them at all times. There would be a lot less people in prison.

I feel the same as you concerning hunting. I could never shoot a deer but I will be first in line for the venison.