Monday, May 16, 2005

People with cellphones.........

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Looking at the pic above-you might be thinking that the post below contains some stuff that ain't exactly P.C.



You'd be right.


You've been warned.


People with cell phones that drive and talk at the same time oughta be shot on sight. Or if that's too extreme........then they should be dragged out of their vehicle and worked over with a bag of nickels until they're lumpy.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Ever see anyone walk around talking on a cellphone? They usually stand in one place like they are in a daze or stand in one spot and mindlessly blubber away. Imagine the same asshole talking on their cell and driving. Scary shit when they are surrounded by 3 tons of SUV and you are on a 25 pound bicycle. Mmmm, sounds like I have a hard-on for drivers with cell phones.

Took a ride up at Rocky Ridge Saturday afternoon-had one heck of a good time-I have to learn how to ride with a 100mm suspension fork again. After riding rigid on the SS for the past 2 years, I got hung up on a couple of rock outcroppings because I was going too slow. Maybe I just need to ride faster..........

I did see something while riding up there that I've never seen before while riding up at Rocky Ridge. I've seen all kinds of stuff while riding but today was the best.

I was on Trail 2 near the rear of the park when I came up on an unleashed dog, a few seconds later around the next bend-I saw a woman standing in the middle of the trail totally oblivious to anything talking on a cellphone.

It gets better, about 1oo feet down the trail were 2 small kids playing off to the side of the trail. I'm assuming the dog and the kids were hers but I didn't stop to ask. "Mom of the Year" material for sure.............I'm just glad she was able to spend some time in the woods to get away from everything for awhile.

On the bright side, I did see fellow bike blogger Ed Hidden out for a ride with one of his young sons. The "Trail-a-Bike" that Ed was using looked like a fun way to take a small child on a bike ride.

On Sunday, I played tennis with our 11 year old. He pretty much kicked my ass. The fact that I don't even know how to play tennis probably didn't help much.

I saw this on a fellow bike bloggers site. My first thought was, WTF???? I seriously thought it was some sort of parody site. After browsing it for a few seconds, I realized-they are serious. I would love to take a look at their demographic studies..............who exactly is this bike is targeted to??? NBA stars? I'm wondering if they will be coming out with some bling wheels and low profile tires soon. Pimp my bike brah.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I wonder if Wal-Mart carries these.

Here's one kick-ass bike ride. Anytime you get arrested in a foreign country riding your bike-it makes great stories to tell your grandkids.

I thought this was funny. I guess I ain't gonna be needing a jacket when I die,huh? In the afterlife, I'll probably end up being a cook here. Hard to believe that's real place. I wonder if they have fake suicide bombers.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
If you lack a sense of humor........
do yourself a favor-
and don't click on the thumbnail above.

Organ donors save lives. He helped 5 other people but you have to feel for his family.

This looks like it might be fun............ Me? I'd rather derby.

This guy sure sounds like a dick. Ban mountain biking? What, is the guy a commie or something?

This is gonna be some hard core riding on May 28th. Sure hope they pave that shit by then.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Somebody was having fun with Photoshop..........

Hey, here's something useful. Found it on one of my favorite anti-spyware sites......

I saw our house.................well, I at least saw the roof of it. Hint-use the "satelitte view"

Adam Curry interview. Podcasting rocks.

This guy sounds like one helluva game designer and a pretty shitty mountain biker.

All along, you though these guys were dumbasses.

Next post, I'll have more pics of my friends chopper build up. It's coming along rather nicely.

Till later.

No comments: