Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Give up meat?

Who me? I don't think so.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
A fellow bike blogger and his wife have done so and so far it seems to be working great for them.

Good stuff.

I love having the occasional hamburger too much to give up all meat. I used to work with a woman that was totally vegan, which as I understand it (correct me if I'm wrong) means that you only eat plant based food.

The only problem I had with working with her was that she never shut up about how bad it was to eat meat, fish, drink milk etc. I wanted to feed her a leather coat after awhile. She was totally into living the natural life and while that's 100% A-OK with me, having her around ramming it down everyone's throat got old after awhile...............especially since she also didn't believe in wearing deodorant.

Militant vegans are okay I guess but smelly militant vegans aren't. Since I was her supervisor at the time, I was the one that had the privelege of telling her that her body odor was offensive. If you know me, you know that I am the master of tactful conversations. The conversation went well.

At least for me it did anyways.........

I went to cookout over at my brother and sister-in-laws house on the 4th.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I drank 2 of these. Yikes.

I don't drink very much and I have no idea how much alcohol is in one of them but 2 of them made me kinda fuzzy. Glad I stopped at 2 because I always get a massive hangover when I drink more then 2 of anything with alcohol in it.

The Tour seems to be going well for Lance and Co. so far. I'm not really gonna put much up here about it unless something really good or really bad happens. I assume most folks reading my blog already are following it.

Is this mountain biking?

My opinion? .............I'm not really sure.

While I like reading about it and I'd love to attend one of the events.............I think it's turned into more of a circus act then mountain biking. I'm not taking anything away from it as it takes an enormus amount of skill and a huge sac to pull off some of those moves- but it's more of a stunt contest then an athletic contest.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Science time.

I suppose this will be good for when the "once every 65 million years" comet returns to Earth. ............which if I am not mistaken is any ole' time now.

I installed a key in my registry last year which prevented Windows from installing Service Pack 2. Finally got around to removing it and going through with the install. Everything works fine but what a pain in the ass. If Apple wasn't going to Intel chipsets later this year-I'd be tempted to switch over but Apple is gonna have some of the same issues that Windows does.

Not a bad way to make a living.

Figured out that if I stick to my annual driving mileage (about 6ooo miles) and my minivan doesn't blow up- it will be about 18 years old when it gets 100,000 miles on it. At that rate-I will only own one more new car until I retire. More money for bikes. Yea.

Till later.................

1 comment:

Jank said...

Mmmmmm, meat.

We go meatless a couple of days a week, but I do not think I could go without tasty burgers.