Sunday, July 17, 2005

Wear a helmet dumbass.............

................That's what I wanted to say to my 17 year old nephew when I found out he was doing road rides on his bicycle without a helmet.

Needless to say, his mom wasn't very happy either. He told his mom that the helmet he has is too hot. I'm gonna get him to the LBS and get him fixed up with a newer more ventilated model this week. I know he probably thinks nothing will ever happen to him and he's right to a certain extent but it's the one time that shit goes pear shaped that his lack of common sense will bite him in the ass.

When I am king.............

-I am going to ban the use of empty margarine containers for the storage of leftovers. My wife used to do that and it drove me nuts. Sometimes I would open up 6 containers of leftovers before I found the margarine. She got the habit from her mom. I love my mother-in-law almost as much as my own mom but she hasn't thrown anything away since 1965.

Haven't posted much about the Tour here, there are plenty of other sites for that, but it looks like Lance has another win in the bag as long as he stays upright and keeps a couple of key opponents within sight.

7 wins?

In a row?

Who woulda thunk it was even possible....... I know there are some Lance haters out there, but the guy has busted his ass for his entire career-he and his team earned every win.

Here's an hour or two of your life you'll never get back.

Retards.

Johnny Depp as Willy Wonka? Gimme a fuckin' break. Nothing will ever top the original. Or failing that-read the book.

Is this cool or what? Instant family.

This kind of shit really pisses me off. Most "religious" folks are assholes.

My recently retired mom will be reading this blog on a regular basis since she now has internet access. I will have to behave from now on.

Yeah, right.

Love ya mom :-)

Till later...................

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just saw the new Charlie and the Chocolate factory. I didn't think I was going to like it, but it was really, really good.

I might even go so far as to say it was better than the original.

I'm a Tim Burton fanboy, so that may color my perceptions a bit :-)

Judging from the previews, I was certain I was not going to like the new Oompa Loompas, but I was wrong. They kick ass.

The Donut Guy said...

That's good stuff Bone.

I'm not really a fan of Tim Burton or Johnny Depp so I might be a touch biased.

I have very fond memories of seeing the original and reading the book so I think I will stick with that :-)

Scout Seventeen said...

I've known lots of people who don't wear helmets, and I never understand their moxie. Whatever. Survival of the fittest. Since you're realated to the dummy, tho, maybe you could point out that he doesn't have to worry about himself so much as other people.

I think there's also got to be a picture or two online of helmets that have been split in half from a blow to the head. Pictures of LIVING people holding their helmets, y'know?

Also interesting is that you post this exactly ten years after the death of Fabio Casartelli, who probably would have survived had he been wearing a helmet.