Sunday, July 24, 2005

Slacker time...........

It's vacation time again. Not 100% sure of all my plans for the week, But I'd like to get some time in practicing with my new camera. I'd like to take it along on some of my rides this week and show ya'll some of the scenery around where I ride.

Gotta love digital photography-you can take 200 pictures and keep 10 or 20 and it doesn't cost anything until you print them out.

Here's some pics of my ride on Saturday down to the Susquehanna river................

Click on the pics to enlarge.............

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
My trusty Surly.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Suburban sprawl-this used to be a drive in when I was a kid. Not any more.

York County has plenty of..........

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Corn.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Cemetarys.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Cows.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Apple trees.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Alfalfa.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
I've always wondered what's at the end of this dirt road........

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Green tunnel.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Share the road.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Wanna buy an old car?

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Downtown Wrightsville.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Plaque on the bridge.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
I could never spell it correctly when I was in school.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Bridge from the side.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
View of old bridge supports. It was burned down in 1863 to prevent the Confederates from crossing.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
New bridge built back in the late 60's/ early 70's

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Old quarry located right off the main road. Hardly anyone knows it's there. I stuck the camera through a chain link fence to get the shot.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
My favorite pic. I didn't see any "slow" kids...............

Till later tater.

1 comment:

Jank said...

Wow - absolutely great pictures.

The "Green tunnels" are my favorite this time of year. Especially on warm days - the cool just kind of drags me in...