Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Another vacation........another phone.

Next year, I'm not aloud to take my phone with me to the beach. Why do I need to take my phone to the beach in the first place?

So I can swim with it, of course. Saltwater and phones don't go together well.

Last year I dropped my phone out on a bike ride, next year....I'm not even gonna go there. I bought the cheapest unlocked phone I could find on eBay, hopefully it will last more than 12 months.

My son and I were at the AT&T on Monday so we could buy him his birthday present, he got a new Motorola Razr...nice phone, since he takes care of his stuff-we didn't need to buy the additional insurance.

The customer ahead of me was buying a shiny new 16 gig 3G iPhone.....wow, those plans are expensive! The guy got texting, data, 1200 minutes of phone service, early night and weekend minutes, insurance-add taxes and his monthly bill for one phone is over 100 bucks. I like my tech toys just as much as the next nerd, but that's a lot of money over the course of 2 years.

Anybody reading this blog a hacker? I am. Not in the sense of the word that most folks associate with hacking.....I like to open stuff up and see what makes things tick. One of these years, I's like to attend a HOPE conference, but the next best thing is downloading and listening to all the lectures that were held last month. Lots of good stuff here.

Driving back from Myrtle beach last week on I 95 makes me think that we need tougher driving tests. I watched trains of cars nose to tail going 75 to 80 mph...incredibly stupid.

It's almost like going to a NASCAR race for free..........

till later.

No comments: