Sunday, August 26, 2007

Heal thyself Green Monster.

Got in my van Sunday morning to head down to Lake Redman for a little ridey ride and when I started it up.........all the buttons that stopped working in July started to work again all by themselves. I think I'm just gonna roll with it and not have the repair shop try to "fix" it.

It's scheduled for a state inspection this week, hopefully it will continue to stay fixed. I used to have a Ford Tempo that I used to have to bang on the dashboard to make the radio work, so maybe I'll have to resort to the same thing with my minivan. I hate spending money on vehicles, I'd rather spend it bikes, computers, camera equipment and good ice cream.

Speaking about rides, a few of us had a nice but humid ride down at Lake Redman Sunday morning. We started on Trail 3, went to Trail 4 and finished on Trail 2. Got to talk and ride with my childhood friend Clair who I haven't seen for probably 20 years or so. I was great catching up, he has 2 sons aged 18 and 20......time sure does fly.

One of the guys had his 13 year old son along, Scott did a great job riding and he's also one tough kid. He wiped out crossing a PVC drain pipe. He cracked his helmet, got skinned up and a little rattled. He took a few minutes to shake it off and he sucked it up and finished the ride. Much respect. Me? Hell, I woulda probably curled up into a ball and cried for awhile....I ain't that tough.

I was watching some show on TLC called Flip That House.....pretty neat show, one thing I learned is that prices for houses in California are insane. I saw some guy buy what was basically a 4 room shack for 350,000 dollars, he put about 70 grand into it and sold it for 550,00 bucks. I looked nice when it was done but still.........I think I'll stick to making donuts and fixing computers in my spare time.

My wife and I went to see the Bourne Ultimatum on Saturday.....wow. Just my kind of movie, lots of suspense and awesome car chases. Ya gotta wonder how movie theaters stay in business. Kinda hard to believe people are willing to pay 16 bucks for 2 sodas and a bucket of popcorn. Oh, wait......I paid that much for two soda and a bucket of popcorn. At least the popcorn had free refils....
___________________________________

I'd need to tape a couple of these together.

Do you get it?

How much fun you you have with a car like this. Most everyone on the highway would get out of your way.......except real cops.

If this is the future of America...........Houston we have a problem. Yeah, I'm sure she was nervous, but she shoulda thought about what she was gonna say for a second or two.

I don't get it....Wendy's new commercials are kinda dumb. It doesn't matter- 5 Guys burgers and fries kicks their ass anyways.

I used to watch a ton of NASCAR races.....now even my favorite race of the year at Bristol puts me to sleep. I watched the first 150 laps and went to bed. Boring. I liked it better when it wasn't so polished. Maybe they oughta go back to their roots a little bit. That and get a couple more drivers with a personality that ain't afraid to use their front bumper as a horn.

We need more folks like this. Is that cool or what?

I like movies with lots of action, but I'll make an exception for this guy.

I agree with this posters opinion concerning parenting. (NSFW language). When my wife and I were waiting to buy tickets for the movie on Saturday, there was a kid that was crying and moaning so loud it was painful to listen to. When I was a kid-my parents just had to give me the look when we were out in public and I shut my piehole.

There's quite a few war bloggers out there...this guy is one of them and he's a good writer.

I read lots of stuff about how the credit industry is shitting the bed, you have to wonder how it's going to finally crash and burn.....I'm just glad we're 20 years into our mortgage, I think we are done buying houses for the foreseeable future.

These has got to be the ugliest shoes I've ever seen.

Don't fall for this.

Ted needs your help. Lots of folks get jobs while they are in college...what an lazy asshole.

I have to say...this is an excellent idea. I haven't written mine yet but I do want my ashes sprinkled at the local park where I first started riding.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Getting buried is kinda dumb.

This isn't gonna happen but the end of the article made me laugh.

Signing statements. I think it would be a good idea to ask all the Presidential candidates what they plan to do concerning this issue if they are elected. Of course, I'm sure we'll get straight answers from all the candidates.

Today's science break. I think a lot of humans do this trick as well......

till later.

No comments: