Wednesday, August 08, 2007

I'm not gonna complain about the heat.......

Yeah, I know I usually bitch about how damn miserably hot I am at work........but I've complained my last.

Last night I reunited with an old co-worker I haven't seen for over 20 years. Turns out my buddy is a Master Gunnery Sargent with the Marines and he just got back from a tour in Iraq. Our meeting was totally by chance, he stopped in the store to get groceries (he's in the area visiting family) and we spotted each other at the same time.

It was great to shoot the breeze and catch up....according to what my friend says- going to Iraq for the first time and getting off the plane was like stepping directly into hell...at least temperature-wise.

He's been there for 2 tours already and he's going back for another next year unless something drastic changes-from his viewpoint and his personal opinion...we're gonna be in the region for a long time.

I hope he's wrong but in my heart I know he's probably right....

Anyways, I not gonna complain how hot it is anymore because I don't have to wear a 50 pound pack, body armor or have people trying to kill me when I'm making donuts.

Things could be worse..........
_____________________________________

I just finished reading this article in Consumer Reports. It's not that people try to download malware.....I'm finding that folks just don't know any better. One "free" screensaver or e-card can wreck your whole hard drive.

If you're in the market for an Xbox 360....wait for awhile. Me, I'm getting ready to sell a kidney to fund my camera purchase.....

If you live in Florida......go ahead and light my ass up, but you folks have all the winners down there. Nothing wrong at all with being gay, just tell the truth and own up to your lack of proper judgment like any other common criminal being busted for prostitution.

Congress rolls over and plays dead. What the hell are they thinking? I won't forget when I vote next year.

Where we live....these kids would be run over by some latte drinking cell phone talking soccer mom/NASCAR dad. Pennsylvania has the shittiest drivers in the country.

Is it art or a giant ass-bag?....I'm thinking ass-bag.

RSS in Plain English....this is a good video for folks that don't know what RSS is.

You know what they say about guys with big feet.......

Guy recovers from a rattlesnake bite....do NOT click this if graphic injury pictures disturb you. What the doctors did with the skin and muscle grafts was amazing.

This is a serious problem......bridges got the best grade.

Till later.

No comments: