Monday, August 20, 2007

Politics are *funny*

Yeah, I knew I said I wasn't gonna talk about politics as much........but this article strikes me as funny. Why? Because the election is over a year away and these clowns are trying to solve the worlds problems by playing neener, neener, neener.

I almost expect them all to start an Animal House" style food fight or break out into a 3 Stooges routine.

It's getting kind of hard to take anything they say seriously.

Can't they all go away for a few months and come back next year?

I guess that's a dumb question huh?

I was planning on riding my bike yesterday (no, seriously, I was) but it was really damp out and my knees and back were killing me.The knees I'm used to but having back pain and riding a bike isn't a whole lot of fun...

I've discussed joining a gym with my lovely wife, I think I'll be stopping in at the gym close to us to check it out. I mainly like riding spin bikes, although I'd like to have ripped muscles........I think I oughta take it one step at a time and lose some gut first.

I'm just some guy that makes donuts for a living, but at some point.....I'd like to retire. Reading this kind of stuff doesn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside. I figure my wife and I have roughly 20 years before we turn into slackers....since a lot of our money is invested in the stocks and whatnot-it would be nice if the world financial market wasn't flushed down the crapper by then.

Heck, by 2027...most everything will probably be a wholly owned subsidiary of Wal-Mart.

Send the lead painted toys to Eastern Europe-niiiice strategy.

This is some sad news. Coal mining is one tough way to make a living and still come home every day.

We can’t have ever-decreasing prices without something eventually being squeezed,” Holy crap, those guys are rocket scientists for figuring that out.

"You can't help but ask yourself ... what should have been done differently,"....yeah, no shit. I'm not an engineer, but I certainly hope the people that inspect bridges, tunnels and all the infrastructure we use learn something out of this.....namely-SPEAK UP when something ain't right.

This is a nice camera. For that much money-I'd be scared to even use it for fear of dropping it or getting it dirty. It would take me a couple months to even figure out all the features.....maybe in another 5 or 6 years it will be down in my price range.

This is kinda random, but friends of ours have one of these sitting in their garage in perfect condition.

Today's art break..........Lost America.

Security theater.....use some common sense.

Who woulda thunk it? Pretty cool battery hack.

If you're not familar with The Onion, they are a parody website.......they posted this back in early 2005. Kinda spooky.

I kinda like the guy in the pink shirt.

Dumbass of the week..... Drinking 8 cans of Red Bull might make your heart stop.

This guy needs new glasses. My wife has a terrible time picking out frames when she gets a new prescription, I went with her last week and helped her pick out a really spiffy pair of frameless glasses.

They make her even prettier then she is already.

Till later.

No comments: