Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Piss poor customer service

Nothing pisses me off more then poor customer service, it's right up there on my list of Top 5 annoyances.

I went to Borders Books Monday morning to get a couple magazines, at least 10 people in line and one cashier who didn't seem to be in any hurry. Me being the polite person that I am.....I accosted an employee (I yelled to them from about 25 feet away while I was in line) and suggested that they open up a couple of registers. Go ahead, call me an asshole....I'm okay with it.

Next up, I went to Circuit City to buy a mouse.....I waited at the register for a good 2 minutes before anyone even saw me standing there. Here again, I had to make myself heard to some poor clerk (yeah, I yelled again) back in the TV dept, he had me walk back to his register and rung me up.

I hate to say it, but sometimes people working retail just suck. Yeah, sure I know I work retail like millions of other poor saps out there, but damn, jump on the clue train if your business is working with people.

Been working on a clients computer..........I forget how horrid Windows ME is. The OS forgot where it stored the drivers for the mouse, so I had to break out some rusty keyboard commands skills. Actually I had to look them up because I forgot most of them. I'm pretty sure the hard drive is getting ready to crap the bed, so I made copies of all their critical files and pictures from the past 8 years.

You only have to lose all your data once before you learn how hard it sucks to realize you just lost everything you had stored on a now clicking and clacking hard drive. Having learned that lesson.....I always suggest to folks that they back up all the stuff that will make them cry if they lose it.

Ever hear of spam?........now there's bacn.

I am a fan of 60's music....dig the drummer's hat....he's rockin' in this video as well. My opinion?.........40 years from now-nobody will be singing any of the weak sauce put out in the last 10 years, but they'll still be singing the music from the 60's.

While it's not something I'd install on my minivan.......it certainly is an interesting concept.

If you are one of those folks that say "When I was a kid I walked to school 20 miles a day and it was uphill both ways"....you ain't got squat on these kids.

Our son is headed back to school today. I don't think he's that overly happy about it, but what 14 year old boy ever wants summer to end? I know when I was 14....I woulda rather took a beating then have to go to school.

till later.

No comments: