Friday, September 23, 2005

Hot donuts.........

I get this customer 2 or 3 times a week that comes in at 2AM looking for hot donuts.

Real nice lady except she is usually drunk off her ass and insists on having donuts right out of the fryer. I always explain to her that when donuts come out of the fryer-they are extremely hot because the oil is right around 375 degrees and she would burn her mouth if she ate them and then I give her some that have been out of the fryer for a few minutes.

I've explained this to her at least 2 dozen times.

Last night she turned up and seemed to be drunker then normal because she was really loud and I could only understand about every 3rd word.

Again, she wanted donuts right out of the fryer. Tonight-she got her wish..........

Since I have few working nerve endings on my fingers from handling hot donuts for 30 years-I handed her a donut right out of the fryer. Amazingly (probably because she was hammered) she didn't drop the donut and managed to stuff about 1/2 of it in her face.

Unbelievable.

She's gonna wonder why the inside of her mouth is one big 3rd degree burn tomorrow when she wakes up from her alcohol stupor....................

Till later.

No comments: