Saturday, September 03, 2005

Random thoughts............

Since this post is gonna take a couple days to put together, I'm going to timeline when I write stuff in this blog entry.

Sat. Morning-

I am totally burnt out on watching anything to do with Hurricane Katrina on TV. I can only take so much suffering that I am powerless to do anything about. All the talking heads on CNN only seem intent on 2 things...... Looking for a government official to grill on why things are so screwed up or to interview a victim.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

First off, most of the government officials the media is trying to crucify have nothing to do with why the levees failed in New Orleans or why it took so long to get food and water to the survivors. They are just trying to save lives. Go interview George Bush and ask him why he cut the funding for the last 3 years to go on holiday in Iraq. Now I know it ain't all Bush's fault but he is the President and while he isn't the greatest President we've ever had-the buck stops at his desk.

Secondly, give it a fuckin' rest already CNN. How many times can you folks show the same footage and show the same interviews?

Sorry for venting, but not everybody that was left in New Orleans was there because they wanted to be there. I'm betting that some of the folks there were there because they couldn't leave. Not everyone one in the USA owns a SUV, 3 credit cards and spare cash.

On to other things.............

Random cycling reference..........these folks make damn fine bicycles. More like art that you can ride. Lord help me if I ever get 3000 bucks I don't know what to do with.

Walked up to the local diner for breakfast with my lovely wife. Ain't nothing beats a turkey and cheese omelet and a little "face time" with my wife. We don't get to spend a lot of time together due to our different work schedules so any time we get to spend together is really nice.

Going to spend some time doing some yard sale shopping this morning- my wife's church has a huge yard sale and I like looking at other peoples junk. Probably won't buy anything but it's still fun to root around.

Saturday evening-

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Wow.

I don't go to very many yard sales and now I know why. 90% of the stuff on display was junk. I mean seriously, who the hell wants to buy used drinking glasses? Or used shoes? Maybe it's because I am a guy, but I can only look at so many piles of used clothing and 25 year old VCR's before I lose interest. Now maybe if they had more used bikes there I might be interested..................by the way, that's just some random pic I found on Google.

Sunday morning-

Done makin' donuts for another night.

Here's a couple hours of your life that you'll never get back. Actually, the site is quite funny. Make sure you check out the "weeklies" section.

Since I work by myself, I listen to podcasts in one ear while I am working. NPR has quite a few shows being podcast and I like their coverage of the hurricane diaster way better then CNN, NBC etc. Much less sensational and more factual. Also, here is a link to a NOLA Wiki that has about a bazillion links inside.

You have to register at the Washington Post to read this, but it's an interactive satellite map of before and after of NOLA. Click on the camera icon by New Orleans. Wow, the scope of the flooding is unreal.

Since it's my day/night off..........I think I might break out a bike and go for a ride.............

Till later.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are amazing... But hey, that's why this country is so great... so that even trash like you and spew verbal crap... Part of me feels bad for you....

The Donut Guy said...

I love you too Mr Anonymous.

Why not e-mail me at gmcnallyii@yahoo.com.

It's kinda hard to take you seriously when you post anonymously.

Whatever, you can keep posting anon, but after this reply-I'm just gonna ignore you.............