Thursday, September 15, 2005

Took a little ridey ride...............

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Did about 25 miles on Wednesday. I had my Surly out again, I think folks see the fenders and the rack and for some reason-I get way more space on the road then when I am on my C-Dale R-500. It's that or the fact I was weaving all over the place looking at stuff.

I wasn't in a hurry today so it took me 2 hours to ride the route I have linked above-sometimes it kinda fun to stop and just check out the scenery.

One thing that's interesting about riding around my town is that when you go North-South, you are either going up or down a hill. East-West is a little bit better but overall-York County ain't very flat.

Another thing that's a point of interest is the variety of housing you come across in such a small area. 15 minutes on a bike can get you from $10,000 rusty trailers to $50,000 fixer-uppers to $500,000 McMansions. We live about 50 miles from Baltimore so lots of folks are moving into the area to beat the high cost of living in metro Ball-more.

When I got home, my iPod Nano had arrived courtesy of Fed-Ex. I wasn't expecting it until Friday or next Monday................it's way cool and it's way thin. I like the fact that it slips right in your pocket. It's perfect for listening to podcasts and it has lots of room left over for music.

Got my van back from it's annual PA inspection and emission test. It passed everything but it needed a rear wheel cylinder..............I thought the brakes felt kinda funny.

Anyways- if you live in York and you need a good garage- go to Jim's Auto Repair on 11th Ave in North York. His number is (717) 848-2749 Trust me on this, Gary (He bought the garage from Jim) won't steer you wrong. He is one of the good guys.

Our son will be looking forward to this, we have one preordered. I play the "car racer" type of games but I stink at Halo 2. Figures.

I like reading blogs and google just came out with a new blog search engine. I like it.

Here's some exciting new shaving news........... Five blades? I use one of those razors with 4 blades, guess I'll have to upgrade.

I'm having a tough time figuring out how the hell she managed to get famous in the first place. Puffing on a cigarette? Nice. If she didn't have money-there is no doubt in my mind she would be living in a trailer park somewhere.

Mike is in the news again. Looks like he has a stunning list of "B" and "C' level stars to sing with him.

Jimmy may as well give up on saving this. Carter is right there behind Bush in the list of "Worst Presidents Ever". Sure, he's a nice guy and all-but he has accomplished way more since he was voted out of office then when he was President and I totally respect him for that. He is a great man who was at best, an average President.

Can you imagine how Bush would have handled the Iran hostage situation back in 1979? ...............Jesus H. Christ on a pogo stick-there probably wouldn't be an Iran right now.

While I like this idea, I don't want a bicycle powered ambulance to come pick me up if I have a heart attack.

The space shuttle has outlived it usefulness. Not that I am against space exploration but it's a damn shame that this is not being funded any longer. It seems to me that it is worthwhile.

What do I know, I make donuts for a living.

Till later.

No comments: