Wednesday, June 13, 2007

I like summer.

I gotta say, I'm throughly enjoying summer vacation so far.....been hittin' the sack before 7AM in the morning and getting up around 2 or 3 in the afternoon.

I consulted with a family that just bought a new computer, one of the things about doing consulting work is that I get to meet some really, really neat people. These folks have 5 very well behaved children....all under the age of 10. Wow. I couldn't imagine, especially since I grew up as an only child.

Do I get to meet any jerks? Not yet, but if I do, you'll never hear me complain about them.....that just wouldn't be cool.

I did get a compliment at my donut job, some lady drives the whole way from Baltimore to buy my donuts every week and she wrote the company to compliment me. I'll probably never get to meet her since I work my magic in the middle of the night, but it's nice to know I'm appreciated.

Sure sucks to be this guy. He brought it on himself, so I don't really feel bad for him.

Toilet water is cleaner than the drinking fountain at a school in North Bend Oregon. Knowing what I do about food sanitation, that's probably true about most public water fountains.

Here's why I don't go on roller coasters.

I love what this guy has done. While I don't work in fast food, it would hurt those folks to take a little more pride in the appearance of what they are making. Overall, I think the Subway sandwich is the only nice looking product and I think a large part of that is the fact that they make it right in front of you. McDonald's should just call their breakfast burrito the "We don't give a shit" burrito.

Here in the wonderful state of Pennsylvania.....you can't buy beer in supermarkets. Only at beer distributors and soon they will be able to sell beer in 6-packs. You can buy a huge-ass gun that'll blow a foot wide hole into the side of a deer at Wal-Mart, but God forbid you can buy some beers at the local 7-11. Makes perfect sense to me....but that's because I live in PA and that's how we roll.

I'm amazed I'm not dead. Hell, when I was a kid, we used to play on working railroad tracks, an abandoned clay mine, a closed down dye factory and a defunct brickyard full of rusty old machinery....and a farmer that used to try and scare us by shooting his shotgun over our heads.

.......I think my mom just passed out.

Till later.

No comments: