Sunday, June 24, 2007

I love me some food shows....

I don't really spend a whole lot of time watching TV but I do love watching anything about food.

Here's a few shows I like....

-Hell's Kitchen.....I'd probably knock Gordon Ramsey right on his ass if he smashed food into my chef's jacket like he did to the guy last week. Still fun to watch though and I'm rooting for the Waffle House cook to go all the way.

-Top Chef....This is probably my favorite, kind of an upscale Hell's Kitchen.

-Ace of Cakes.........Duff is a nutjob but his cakes start at 500 dollars. He's doing something right.

Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. Guy finds the best food and the best people out there on the road.....diner food rules.

-Dinner Impossible....it's fun to watch chefs overcome some obstacles on the way to making something to eat.

-Good Eats with Alton Brown....I'd watch anything with Alton in it...the guy is as much scientist as he is a chef.

Some of the ones I don't watch?

Anything with Rachael Ray. She's just too damn perky.

Bobby Flay......He's a damn good chef and he never let's you forget it.

Emeril.......BAM....give it a rest already dude.

Iron Chef America....I could go either way on this one...depends on who the chef is.

One of my friends is the executive pastry chef at a local hotel....I was talking to him the other evening and he's thinking about sending in a tape for the next cycle of Hell's Kitchen. He's gone as far as he can for the area...he's thinking about moving to Las Vegas next year.

I'd love to see him on the show. He rocks some mighty impressive piercings, he takes them out at work, but I'd imagine they'd want him to keep them all in if he got on the show.
_____________________________________

I've actually had this happen to me. I'm not making fun of kids that work as cashiers (okay, maybe I am) but they'd be lost if they didn't have computerized cash registers.

Spoken like a true politician. Hilary is gonna be behind anything that will get her elected.

This dick is an arrogant bastard....I'm thinking he might be the second coming of Satan-the dude is just flat out evil.

91 mph? In New Jersey, isn't that just about the speed traffic moves at?

Only two more points until he beats Nixon...I'm pretty sure he can do it as long as his government lackeys keep pulling stunts like this. Pretty soon, he'll be all caught up to Congress.

If this isn't the weirdest thing you've seen today...........I'd like to see what beats it.

This makes me afraid.

Not much good news.

Ask a silly question............kinda like when I'm making donuts and someone asks me if they're fresh. Sometimes words just fail me.

Till later.

No comments: