Saturday, September 22, 2007

Corn.......lots of corn.

My lovely wife and I took a nice little trip on Saturday to check out a sunflower farm. One of Janet's co-workers wrote up a fairly decent set of directions, only leaving off the final turn. We ended up going down progressively narrower and narrower roads.

All I could think of was "I'm gonna make you squeal like a pig. Weeeeeeee! " with banjo music playing in the background.....actually, it wasn't that bad.

We ended up at a state park in northern Maryland.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Neither one of us had heard of this park but it looked pretty nice and one thing's for sure-it's isolated.

We eventually found the sunflower farm, but alas......the sunflowers were past their peak bloom and looked kinda tired.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
No matter, it was a gorgeous day for a drive.

The only thing we really noticed driving through northern Maryland is all the corn. Not sure if that's why everyone from Maryland buys houses in Pennsylvania or what, but I figure there is no where for Marylanders to live because of all the corn so they move to PA.

There is corn everywhere, maybe you folks in Maryland oughta pave over a few fields instead of paving over southern York County. The disparity in housing down in Maryland was hilarious, you can see multi million dollar compounds right next to folks living in rusted out trailers.

Whateves, as long as it works for them, I guess that's all that matters.

How to sell ..............a slightly non P.C. story.


A young zealous boy wanted desperately to work at a department store.

He approached the store manager who responded they needed no help. Quite persistent, the boy returned again and again until the manager finally said "We're having a holiday sale tomorrow. Why don't you show up and you can give it a try."

The elated boy returned the following day and proceeded to sell.

At the end of the day the store manager called the youngster over and asked how he had done. The boy responded that he had sold $79,083.50 worth of merchandise. The manager asked how he had done so well.

The young man said, "Well this guy was going fishing so I asked if he wanted some fish hooks, he said sure, That's $1.50. I asked if he had a nice fishing pole, he said no, so I got a graphite extension pole for $43.50. Do you have a nice reel, not yet replied the customer... so I got him a nice quick release reel for $35.00. I asked here he was going fishing and he said Strawberry Reservior. I told him the best places to catch fish are near the center, "Do you have a boat?" The man said he didn't so I set him up with a nice outboard 30 foot cruiser for $28,000.00. Then I asked if he had a trailer. He didn't, so I got him a double axle trailer for $3,000.00. Then I asked what he had to tow the boat. He only had a station wagon, so I told him that just wouldn't do, but we could get him a nice fully loaded Dodge Ram dually, racked and packed with a tow package, trailer hitch and everything for $48,000.00.

He wanted it all."

As you can imagine the store manager was astounded. "And to think it all began with that man asking for a package of fish hooks?"

The boy replied, "Oh no, it all began with him asking for some tampons which were $3.50, so I replied, "Well you aren't going to be doing much else this weekend, you might as well go fishing!"


I don't know about you, but I'm just about burned out on listening to Presidential candidates talking just for the sake of hearing their own voices.

You just know this is gonna turn into a colossal media circus.

Sometimes it's better to be lucky then good.

I have an idea.......let the Federal Government run out of money for a whole year........what's the worst thing that would happen?

till later.

No comments: