Tuesday, September 04, 2007

I'm damn lucky............

A family friend of ours stopped by work yesterday and said hi. He had just put an application for part-time work and asked me to put in a good word for him.

The guy has a kid in college that's basically paying her own way and another kid at home. The dude already works 50+ hours a week and hasn't gotten a raise in 7 years.

What sucks is that the family doesn't live extravagantly (mom and dad both work), they have a modest house and drive beater cars.

Why does everyone say the economy is doing great? While my wife and I have jobs in relatively stable fields, not everyone is so fortunate....gotta count my blessings.
_____________________________________

Catholics need referees at Mass. Who knew?

High speed Segway chase. The cop turned the throttle to "donut" and caught the crook.

Customer service done wrong. I suppose that if your job is to specifically dick over your customers....then job well done.

Another candidate joins the race. I don't know about you folks....but I am getting kinda burnt out with presidential candidates. They all look the same to me....even Hillary.

If I bought an iPhone when they came out.....I'd be pissed.

Bank of Penis?

till later.

No comments: