Saturday, September 15, 2007

Fun times at the supermarket.....

There's just something about working the overnight shift on Saturdays....

-I had a couple ask me in broken English if they could get a wedding cake made while they waited. I told them they couldn't unless they wanted it made out of donuts.

-A woman with (I think) a very heavy Russian accent asked me to write something Russian on a loaf of bread.....what, they don't have birthday cakes in Russia?

-There was a football game going on in the parking lot.

-A very nice lady asked me to sell her 75 frozen blueberry bagels...that was no problem-we had extra in our freezer.

Something about being in grocery stores must make people rather amorous.........I saw several couples wandering around groping each other........get a room people.

......I get paid for this? It's almost fun to come to work.
____________________________________

Here are some of my favorite web sites..............

Digg.com......all things tech.

Boing Boing.....like the tagline says...A directory of wonderful things.

Gearlog........gadgets for geeks.

Growabrain..........a blog with all kinds of weird links.

Reddit.........all kinds of interesting links.

Slate.......politics and such.

Neatorama........all kinds of fun stuff.

The Angry Pharmacist...........he speaks the truth about what it's like to work in a retail pharmacy.

Mental Floss..........links that make you think.

Fark.....all the weird news that fits.

Waiterrant............I love this guy.

The York County Social Cycling Union.....where some of my friends get together for social rides.

AlterNet..........politics and stuff that will piss you off if you're not a nutjob liberal.

The Huffington Post..........kinda like AlterNet, but tamer.

Podcast Alley........find all kinds of podcasts here.

PublicRadioFan...........every PBS podcast available is listed here.

Imaging-Resource............awesome digital camera review website.

Download Squad.........geek stuff.

Lockergnome.............tech stuff and more.

Democracy Now......news and politics with a little critical thinking thrown in.

Next time I'll post up some of my favorite podcasts.....
_____________________________________

Pluto flips out at Disneyworld. Don't know why he was chasing that kid....the kid probably deserved it.

These kids are pretty damn cool in my book.

Earth really isn't that big in the scheme of things.....

I feel absolutely no pity for this woman....or this one.

Today's science break.........you are here.

Yay........Britney is sure to win Mom of the Year for 2007.

A 35 dollar pencil.

This dude is lucky he ain't dead after he had a serious case of brain fade.

................I was working on my father-in-laws old computer this weekend. By old, I mean Windows 95a. This puppy has an huge 1.1 gig hard drive and a screaming 16 megs of RAM.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Heck, it even has a "turbo" button on the front, so it's totally badass. Hit the turbo button and she'll run at a blistering 100mhz....

I was pulling some old files off the hard drive so they are backed up....I'm gonna tell him to send this puppy to the graveyard.

till later....

No comments: