Saturday, March 15, 2008

Top Chef........

Top Chef is probably one of my favorite TV shows of all time. I kinda wish they had a show called Top Baker.....I'd kick some serious ass if they did.

My company did have a contest every year for the top donut production person but I won it 4 times out of 5 years and they stopped doing it....or maybe they still do it and don't tell me about it.

All I know is that I was pissed the one year I didn't win it.

Bravo just started up a new season of TC and my wife and I enjoy the heck out of it. The best chefs on that show are cooking at such a high level that it blows my mind.

I know that when I train people to learn how to bake-they either get it right away or it takes them a week or two to realize that they ain't "got it".

What's "it"?....

The ability to do one thing while keeping track of 6 other things and having everything bake, proof, fry the way it's supposed to without burning, over or under proofing anything and hand finish all your production so it looks like it's ready for a magazine shoot every day...shift after shift.

The funny thing is that I am pretty good doing all that, but I am an absolute klutz when it come to doing stuff around the house. I don't own any power tools because if I did.....I woulda sawed off most of my fingers by now.

I can turn a light bulb replacement into a trip to the emergency room ....no problem. I'm amazed I haven't mowed off any of my toes with the lawn mower.

Yet.

No comments: