Friday, October 31, 2008

I feel *good*.......

It's been a couple of weeks since I've decided to eat more intelligently and although I haven't stepped on the scale....I no longer have to breath in to button my trousers.

I haven't spent nearly enough time out on the bike, life seems to get in the way more than I would like. I've learned that I can't burn the candle at both ends very many times before I get run down so the first thing I do is make sure I get plenty of sleep.

After that, work at the donut ranch and my computer consulting seem to fill up most of my waking hours. I'm pretty lucky to have an extremely understanding wife because lots of my free time is spent staring at computer monitors.

I ran into a high school friend I haven't seen for a number of years, we picked up right where we left off, I almost had a heart attack when he told me he was gonna get married. If one person defined the words "confirmed bachelor" .....he was the guy.

Should be one helluva wedding.

I was perusing the news today....pretty much bad news all the way around-kinda depressing if you let it get to you. All I know is that if McCain manages to win next Tuesday, I'm not looking forward to the next 4 years.

I honestly don't know if Obama can do any better, but I think it's time to change horses. I'm sure we said the same thing right before Jimmy Carter was elected so you never know.....

No comments: