Monday, October 06, 2008

The things you see.........

I was out for a bike ride Sunday afternoon (sorry, no pictures).....it was a picture perfect afternoon.

I'm not sure why more folks weren't outside, but I put in about 15 miles of nice easy pedaling. I slightly overdid it the week before and I sure wasn't gonna repeat my mistake-this is the best time of the year to be out on a bike.

Some of the stuff I saw I saw...

-People that live in really run down houses drive really nice cars.....folks that live in average looking houses drive average looking cars and upper class folks have lots of cars.

-Nothing on this Earth smells better than fresh cut grass.....with the possible exception of hamburgers cooked on a grill. I rode down that street twice.

-Most folks driving cars (at least on the side streets I was on) were actually very courteous. I was pleasantly surprised to say the least.

-Most (if not all) the people I encountered out walking took the time to say hi or at least waved.

-People spend serious amounts of money on lawn ornaments.

-There are lots of houses for sale. We don't live in an economically hard-hit area but lots of houses are being sold by owner....I guess the 7 or 8% realtors take adds up.

All in all...a nice day to be out on a bike.

till later.

No comments: