Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I'm not the brightest bulb in the chandelier....

For the last 2 years, I've been paying AT&T 70 bucks a month for a wireless access USB stick for my laptop. I originally bought it for my computer consulting business and while the times I needed it where few and far between.....when I needed it- I needed it....so I happily paid for it month after month.

After shopping around- I found a far better deal with T-Mobile for the same thing and since our daughter needs internet at her apartment for the next 15 months while she is in grad school- she get's to use it for the time being.

Instead of me buying another wireless card from T-Mobile and paying for 2 of them...I found this, for the times I need to access the internet at a client's house-it's perfect. Not sure if AT&T will shut my account down if they find out because they want 30 extra bucks a month to tether my phone to my computer.....I don't plan on telling them and I don't think I'll be using the Shark Modem thing all that often-AT&T gets enough of our money every month.

One of my best and most favorite clients spends his summer in Nantucket every summer at a private club managing every thing pool related- they have a swim team and from what it sounds like-it's a lot of work but also a lot of fun.

He also owns several business's that he still runs from his house with the help of his administrative assistant......I spent an hour on the phone with him trying to resolve several issues.....I guess I'm not that good at phone support-I think we fixed one out of the three problems he was having.

If my leg wasn't absolutely killing me.....I'd have my son drive me up there to get his stuff fixed up- I hate it when one of my clients isn't happy.

The knee?......doing pretty good.

The leg? ....sore as hell.

I can tell the doctor has made the knee itself much better, my only problem is that every muscle from mid calve to mid thigh is still sore.

I guess I'm just impatient and want to get back to work....but I'm not going to rush things and take a chance of screwing it up, so I'm trying really hard not to climb the walls with boredom.

I'm really glad I bought a Kindle a few weeks ago- been reading tons of stuff on it. It wasn't the cheapest thing I've ever spent money on...but so far- I couldn't be happier with it. Imagine 30 years ago if you would have said that there is a device that can get and display most any popular book in less then a minute? I love technology.

Seriously....do we need to turn everything into a political game? Here's an idea- let's concentrate on turning off the oil first then take a few months to play the blame game. Politicians make me sick.

This is gonna being interesting.....pretty much how WW III is going to start. Yeah, sure their are politics involved (when isn't politics involved?) but there is also 1.5 million people that probably don't give a shit about the politics... they just want food in their kids bellies.

Just finished watching a New Zealand TV show called "Neighbors At War"....if my neighbors behind me are reading this....really sorry I called the cops on your son. The little guy (I think he's about 12) was in his backyard shooting off a paintball gun.....I called over and asked him what he was doing, he said he was shooting his paintball gun.

I told him that's illegal to do in our township.....he went inside for a minute....came back out (I assumed he asked his parents about it) and continued firing away. That's when I called the cops and I assume they went over and told mom and dad that junior has to put the paintball gun away.

Sorry if that makes me the asshole, but I live in a pretty nice area and I figure that if I wanna listen to loud country music, barking dogs, paintball guns and have neighbors with Trans-Ams with no wheels....

...I'd move to a rundown trailer park.

till later.

No comments: