Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Tomorrow is the big day......

Yup....it's time for the doctor to go digging around in my knee.

Yay.

If I could do the operation and go back to work the next day.....I'd do it in a heartbeat because it's gonna be a MFer to not sit around and eat. The doctor says i should be off for 2 to 3 weeks.....I'm aiming for 2 weeks max.

Fortunately I'll have my son with me to scold me into not eating bad stuff.

He's basically my 2nd conscience...several months ago when I started my quest to lose weight- I told him to point out in no uncertain terms when I was being an idiot concerning my diet.

So far, it's worked like a charm- last week we were in Sam's Club and I wanted to buy some snack food.....Daniel told me to buy fruit instead- what a kid.

One of my most important clients had his main laptop shit the bed last week right before he left for his summer job in Nantucket.....couldn't have been worse timing. To make matters worse- his back up laptop is giving him problems *needless to say* I'll be up until midnight if that's what it takes to get his laptop up and running later today.

Good clients are hard to come by and even harder to keep.....it always surprises me how other business owners treat their clients. I read a lot of blogs from other computer techs and some of the bad service stories are pretty hard to believe.

Half the battle to please clients is just showing up on time and following through on what you promise the client. I've found that if I don't know how to fix something- I'll admit that to the client right up front.....honesty is the best policy.

It's really been weird for the last couple of days....instead of driving my son to school-he's driving himself. Both of us are really digging our brand new used car- it's soooo much quieter then our old minivan.

No rattles and the air conditioning is ice cold....so far so good- The burgundy color is starting to grow on me, when our son graduates next year and goes to college, we are gonna have to duke it out to see who gets the car:-)

till later.

No comments: