Thursday, August 03, 2006

I got my ass kicked.......

Remember yesterday when I said I have a chance of keeping up with my good friend Hank on a road ride since he has a broken rib and is black and blue all down his side?

Not a chance.

I kept up mostly, but he kicked my ass on all the climbs we did. I think he needs to go another cruise.

A long cruise.........like around the world.

3 or 4 times.

Here's my excuses for not keeping up.......

-I rode too much last week and I am "rode out"

-It was 90 degrees

-I am too fat, ice cream is not the best recovery fuel

-I ate 3 slices of pizza an hour before we rode.

-Sweat got in my eyes

-I forgot my socks

-I couldn't make my mind up which gear to use.

Whatever, I think we are riding again Saturday morning, it should be fun as long as it's not 900 degrees. It's kinda hard to have a bad bike ride unless you crash or something.

Here's a shocker, oil companies are somewhat to blame for high gas prices. No shit. What's the answer? Beats the crap out of me, it should get interesting once gas hits 5 or 6 bucks a gallon.

I am a Marilyn Manson fan.......sure, the guy is somewhat different and just because I enjoy his music doesn't mean I'm a devil worshipper........by the way he's tons smarter then Bill O'Reily.

Getting busted for reading blogs at work? You need this.

Remember the guy I was talking about last night that got stuck in the toilet stall? I found out that he is homeless and lives in his car. Not to be insensitive, but maybe he could find somewhere else to take a dump next time.

You thought I was gonna say "Maybe he should lose 200 pounds and get a job" didn't you?

Nah, not me.

This should piss off most folks with young kids. I'd like to see "kids free" days at theaters, grocery stores and just about everywhere the more I think about it. The problem isn't the kids of course, it's the parents who do a shitty job of being parents.

Got my Surly back from the LBS after having them check the rear wheel after I dinged it last week. Should be fine for awhile, unless where I dinged the rim develops more of a crack. Works for me, I'm sure my wife will be happy to find out that I don't have to buy a new rear wheel for awhile.

Till later.

No comments: