Sunday, August 20, 2006

Why *Do* People Smoke Cigarettes?

Good question.

I saw that the courts have decided to convict Phillip Morris of racketeering charges. Sure, they are going to appeal, I wish they would go broke defending themselves.

Anybody that reads this blog knows I used to smoke and it was damn difficult to quit. I can't stand the smell of cigarette smoke and if someone pollutes the air I am breathing with smoke, I have no problem asking the offending smoker to put their cigarette out. It just kills me when I see people crowded around the entrances of "no-smoking" buildings.......smoking.

I've read that second hand smoke kills, I don't do first hand smoke, sure I sure as hell ain't gonna do second hand smoke.

I pay the same health care rates for my benefits as a smoker, I'd like the smokers to pay more and for me to pay less.

I'd also like to see the same thing happen with
morbidly obese people.


How'd that get in there? I love the story tagline.

Here's an example of why everyone should be required to carry a handgun at all times.

I think this guy is on the right track with his kids, but I dunno about the stuff he has listed about his wife. He might not be sleeping on the patio-he might be sleeping in a hotel room. I know I would be...........

Tim from Alaska has a funny post about ............well, I'll let you read it.

We just dropped our daughter off to university yesterday, De Sales is near Trexlertown and about an hour outside of Philly. It's a super nice campus and Katies roommate also seems very nice. I know I have said this before.........but we are REALLY proud of her. She worked her butt off and earned a scholarship.......she's one cool chick:-) We are gonna miss her around here and the cat will probably take over her bedroom.

One thing I really noticed yesterday at De Sales was the amount of parents walking around in circles talking on cellphones. I bet if they still looked like this, they wouldn't be quite as popular.

My friend Doug sent me this article to read. It's a good article, I'm not sure what is going to happen in the elections in November........ I'd love to see the law changed so all senators, congressmen, judges and the President serve for no more then 6 years.

No second terms. There are too many damn idiots out there.

I think the country is going to go from one extreme to the other in the next 2 years if the Democrats gain control.

I'm not entirely sure that's a good thing, but I'm betting that's what happens. Maybe we should make all presidential candidates take an IQ test next time.

As well balanced as the article that Doug sent me was...........this NSFW one is a very profane. NSFW due to the F-bomb and few other profanities. Not sure why the author felt he needed to use foul language, he could have gotten his point across without coming across like a 12 year old. The only reason I posted it was I agree with some of his points. Certainly not his language.

Somebody is probably gonna light my ass up for this.........I think this guy should have used a little discretion when he was saying his prayers. Sure, he absolutely has the right to pray but would kill him to say them to himself when he's sitting on the plane with a bunch of other folks sitting near him? I don't think he should have been pulled off the plane, but a little common sense goes a long way. Same thing goes for these two guys. Sure they have the right to speak Arabic to each other, but it ain't the smartest thing to do while you're sitting on an aircraft waiting to take off. More here.

Today's science break. All I can say is Dr. Neil de Grass Tyson has a great sense of humor and anything that promotes science is a good thing.

Global warming? .....nah.

This guy has his stuff together. This guy wishes he did.

Till later.

No comments: