Monday, August 14, 2006

Support magnetic ribbons

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Ever see those magnetic ribbons that people stick on their trunklids????

Here's a few that I've seen....

"Cancer Awareness"

WTF? Should I be aware of cancer at all times? Even when I am driving? Dumb, dumb, dumb considering that the person probably bought it at Wal-Mart and none of the money went to cancer research.

"God Bless Our Troops"

Is this a statement or a command? I don't know about you, but I ain't telling God to do anything. What if some of our troops are atheists?

"Support Our Troops"

No shit. I don't think any of them wanna be over there, why not have a sticker that says "Bush Screwed Up-Let's Send His Ass Over There."

"I Love My Cat"

You're kidding me right? Cats are okay and everything (we have one) but to go to the time and trouble to find a magnetic ribbon that says that is incredible.

"Alzheimer's Awareness"

Not to make light of Alzheimers but I'm wondering how good can the driver of a car with this on his trunklid be? There a ribbon for every disease and disorder out there but how much of the money these folks take in goes to anything but their pockets?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Here's a field guide to some of the other ones out there...........

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Till later.

No comments: