Monday, February 18, 2008

I was bored........

I used to watch quite a few NASCAR races back in the day.....now?

Not so much.

Having said that, I still like to watch at least the opening race (the Daytona 500), the road course races and the races at Bristol.

Yesterday, about 30 minutes was all I could take and I didn't bother to tape the rest of it. I figured that I'd spend more time fast forwarding through commercials then actually watching the race.

Before NASCAR became "popular", you could count on a commercial maybe once every 10 or 15 minutes just like any other TV show. Yesterday, the time between commercials and actual racing was darn close to an even split. In other words...unwatchable.

I guess I'm old school, I used to enjoy watching drivers like Tim Richmond trade some paint and not be afraid to talk smack in the pits. Nowadays, the drivers are afraid of saying something that will upset one of their sponsors. With as much as they are being paid, I suppose I can't blame them, but still...

I guess I'll wait until NASCAR isn't so popular to watch more races.....

till later.

No comments: