Friday, April 25, 2008

Donuts at any price......

Food prices keep going up and up amid news of worldwide food shortages. In the bakery where I work at, donut prices have increased 3 times in the past 5 months.

Has that slowed down the purchase of sweet treats?

I'd have to say ........hell no.

I make about 1800 donuts a night and last night when I went to work....there were 23 donuts left over. Usually we have at least enough to fill up a banana box.


Not sure if folks are hoarding food or not but no worries.....I'll make more donuts as long as I have 50 pound sacks of flour to work with.

The thing that doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy all over is when some toothless fat old man on oxygen in a motorized shopping cart chews my face off because we are out of his favorite donut at 11:30 PM.

I wanted to slice the tires of his fatboy cart.

Sometimes I hate retail.

Sometimes I like cats....and dogs.

till later.

No comments: